MAIL BOXES ETC. GOES BROWN
- A case for globalism. Kelly, Jim // Global Finance;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p34
Discusses the business strategies employed by United Parcel Service in keeping up with the international trend of globalization. Includes establishment of global infrastructure; establishment of partnerships; Investments in strategic regions.
- One UPS Face. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;3/4/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 9, p31
Reports the creation of Supply Chain Solutions unite by United Parcel Service (UPS) to revive nonpackage growth. Number of employees by the UPS worldwide; Expected revenue for nonpackage after five years; Management of the flows of goods, information and funds.
- UPS Announces $1 Billion-Plus Expansion Plans. // Material Handling Management;Jun2006, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the expansion of UPS company's Worldport facility, an advanced air package sorting hub in Louisville, Kentucky. Projected sorting capacity of the expanded facility; Cost of the expansion; Expected completion of the project; Growth in the company's air package volume around the world.
- Short Story. Niemann, Greg // Conference Board Review;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the impact of the design of the drivers' uniform of the package delivery company United Parcel Service of America Inc., commonly known as UPS. It provides information on the uniform's design as well as notes its effect on the company's customers and the business. It...
- FedEx and UPS Rates to Climb. // Logistics Today;Dec2006, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that Federal Express Corp. (FedEx) and United Parcel Service of America Inc. (UPS) are planning to increase their lists rates. FedEx will increase its rates by 5.5% with a 2% reduction in its fuel surcharge. The new rates for the U.S. domestic and U.S. export express package...
- Speeding Off Track. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;4/3/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 14, p27
The article reports on United Parcel Service's decision to take some of its business off the rails due to railroad's inability to keep up with the company's initiative to guarantee faster transit times in its ground delivery service. The company claims that the move will speed delivery of about...
- Value Added Services. Tucker, Robert B. // American Salesman;Jun2004, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p28
Outlines several guidelines for planning and implementing value added-services. Definition of value by customers; Needs of United Parcel Service clients; Purpose of brainstorming.
- Raising the Roof. Beadle, Andrew D. // Traffic World;11/8/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 45, p23
Reports that United Parcel Service of America Inc. will be the first to raise transport rates in 2005. Signal for transporters and a warning shot for shippers as contract negotiations and budget planning for 2005 pick up steam; Transport companies' use of rate hikes by UPS as a benchmark when...
- Delivering a 21st Century Economy: More Trade, Less Debt, New Jobs. // Vital Speeches of the Day;Nov2012, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p367
The article presents a speech entitled "On Business and Politics," by Scott Davis, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of the international shipping company UPS (United Parcel Service), delivered at the AWB Policy Summit in Cle Elum, Washington on September 12, 2012, which discusses...