If You Can't Beat Them, Combine Them
- Research offers multifaceted benefits to retailers: Steiner. // Marketing News;5/18/1979, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p20
Presents the results of a study of the Riverside Square shopping center in Hackensack, New Jersey conducted by Federated Department Stores, which show the advantages of market research for retailers. Goals of the study; Description of shoppers at Riverside Square; Other types of research...
- Mall Mania, Caribbean Style. Knight, Mary Beth // Chain Store Age;May99, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p120
Features the expansion and renovation of Plaza Las Americas in San Juan, Puerto Rico, adding Macy's store as the first offshore installment of Federated Department Stores. Interest of Macy's in the Puerto Rico market; Sales growth of various retail stores inside the mall; Advantages of toy...
- Suffering from Exposure. // Retail Traffic;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p12
The article presents information about Federated Department Stores Inc. The company won't speculate on how many stores might close, but analysts put the figure at somewhere between 50 and 200. Overall, 98 regional malls owned by real estate investment trusts will have multiple anchors owned by...
- Store merger could change Tucson Mall and El Con. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;3/7/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the impact of the merger between Federated Department Stores Inc. and May Co. on shopping malls Tucson Mall and El Con in Tucson, Arizona. Speculations on name changes in the malls; Market conflicts at Tucson Mall; Efforts to transform El Con.
- Dept. store deal bad news for mall owners, some say. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;3/7/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p37
This article reports that some retail experts say that Federated Department Stores Inc.'s acquisition of May Department Stores Co. will make it more difficult for mall developers to land anchor tenants for new shopping centers. The $17 billion transaction would create a conglomerate with 960...
- Federated no longer special. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p43
Reports on Federated Department Stores' agreement to sell its specialty stoe division to a management group led by Julian Geiger. 1997 sales of the specialty unit.
- Federated to shutter five Lazarus stores. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/5/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 107, p14
Reports that Federated Department Stores will close five underperforming Lazarus stores in Ohio and Pennsylvania by the end of April 1998. Stores and units operated by Rich's/Lazarus/Goldsmith's division; Retail analysts' favorable reaction to the move.
- A&S cum Stern's: Swap or stopgap? Gault, Ylonda // Crain's New York Business;1/23/95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the plan of Federated Department Stores Inc. to convert its Herald Square Abraham & Straus store in New York City into Stern's. Proposal to sell other stores; Merger with R.H. Macy & Co.; Companies eyeing Herald Square's location.
- Sizing it all up. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/18/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 100, p12
Features Federated Department Stores Incorporated. Concerns on consolidation; Optimism about merger with Macy's; Merchandising concerns; Projections of cost savings; Capitalization on institutional popularity; Need for a feasible sales plan.