Revised Georgia Law Would Protect Mortgage Bondholders
- West Virginia Cigarette Tax Hike Bill Held up. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p1
Reports that West Virginia's Senate Finance Committee eliminated a bill to increase the state cigarette tax as of February 10, 2003. Factors contributing to the move; Details of the bill.
- Illinois Pension Bond Plan Facing Senate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31599, p40
Focuses on the prospects of the legislative bill of $10 billion pension bonding package of Illinois state in the Senate on March 27, 2003. Importance of Republican votes for approval of the pension plan in the Senate; Number of votes needed for approval of the package; Amount which will be...
- D.C. Panel Gives Nod to Fiscal 2004 Package, Including $250 Million of GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p5
Reports on the approval of the fiscal 2004 spending bill by the House Appropriations Committee panel in Washington D.C. Reasons behind the decision; Description of the bill; Expectations from the package.
- Airport Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports on a bill introduced by U.S. Representative William Lipinski in the Congress that would incorporate details of the expansion of O'Hare International Airport. Details of the legislation; Reaction of legislators to the inclusion of the expansion plan in the bill.
- Agency Proposed. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports that a bill sponsored by Detroit mayor-elect Kwame Kilpatrick that would create a regional transportation authority for the Detroit area in Michigan will be introduced in the state Senate as of 2003. Provisions made in the bill; Approval of a measure to overcome the opposition of local...
- West Virginia Governor Proposes Bills to Spur Pension, Tobacco Deals . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p5
Reports on the proposed legislative bill of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise as of January 11, 2002. Proposal to eliminate state Supreme Court test case hindering the sale of taxable pension bond; Proposal to allow the state to securitize money from the national tobacco settlement.
- Colorado Voting on Legislation To Aid Charter School Credits. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p1
Reports on the vote on a legislation in Colorado as of February 2002. Details of the legislation; Possible impact of the approval of the legislation on the inclusion of charter schools in bond referendums in the state; Possible influence of charter schools on the bond market in the event of...
- Favoring homeowners. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p32
Reports that House Democrats in Indiana introduced an overhauled tax restructuring and budget deficit plan for the fiscal year 2002 that favors homeowners. Details of the plan; Person who introduced the plan in the House; Republicans' boycott of a House vote on the bill.
- Amendment may affect Ohio court awards bill. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the passage of H.B. 438, by the Ohio Legislature, a small claims court law that will increase the maximum municipal and county court civil awards. When the bill comes into effect.
- The last action of the lame duck. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;01/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on bills brought before the legislature in New Jersey. Reference to the fate of bills not passed in both houses by January 13, 1998; Listing of the bills entered into law; Details on some of the bills not approved by the two houses.