Martinez Renews Attack on E&Y Dividend-Tax Cut Study
- Martinez News Sparks RESPA Action. // National Mortgage News;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p25
Reports on the action taken by housing secretary Mel Martinez on the RESPA rule in the U.S. Concern from the major lending and housing groups on initiatives of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); Need for the secretary to hold off from issuing a final rule; Speculation that...
- Make Housing A World Imperative. Martinez, Mel // National Mortgage News;6/25/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 39
Presents excerpts of the speech made by United States Department of Housing and Urban Secretary Mel Martinez to the United Nations Special Session of the General Assembly calling for an overall review and appraisal of the Habitat agenda. Access to adequate housing, land, credit and basic...
- Martinez Breaks Ground in Louisville. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p39
Assesses the participation of Housing and Urban Development secretary Mel Martinez and representative Anne Northup on the groundbreaking ceremony at the Housing Authority in Louisville, Kentucky.
- No 'Wholesale Change' on GFE. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p1
Reports that Housing Secretary Mel Martinez said he does not want to make wholesale changes to his mortgage reform proposal in the U.S. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on mortgage lending.
- Reinventing public housing management. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;3/6/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p11
Reports on a memorandum of understanding signed by U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Mel Martinez to allow several Puerto Rican municipalities to manage some of their public housing developments. Previous management of all central housing by the central government;...
- Industry Anticipating What Martinez Will Say. Martinez, Mel // National Mortgage News;10/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the anticipation for the speech of Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez at the 90th Mortgage Banker Association of America convention in San Diego, California. Association with the proposed reform of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; Agenda of...
- Housing: HUD Budget Under Fire; Loan Limits for FHA May Climb. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p4
Reports that United States Housing and Urban Development secretary Mel Martinez on 19 March 2001 proposed raising the Federal Housing Administration's loan limits for the first time since 1992. Effort to initiate multifamily rental housing construction; Views of Martinez about increase in...
- HUD Secretary Visits HHA. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the visit of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez at Harrisburg Housing Authority in Pennsylvania. Meeting of Martinez with the local housing officials; Plan of Martinez to have an expanded dialog with the members of the National Association of...
- HUD: Let Lenders Police Brokers and Appraisers. Julavits, Robert; Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;2/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 25, p1
Reports the decision of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in holding lenders accountable for Federal Housing Administration loan fraud. Criticisms on the decision of the HUD; Comment of HUD secretary Mel Martinez on the issue; Impact of the decision on lending business.