Fish on the Menu as Ocean Journey Is Bought by Houston Restaurant Chain
- Landry's strikes gold. Mihailovich, Steven // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;2/14/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p1
Announces the acquisition of the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada by Houston, Texas-based Landry's Restaurants Inc. Amount of the acquisition; Historical background of the Golden Nugget; Total revenues of Landry in 2003 and 2004.
- Landry's Bites into Buying Bankrupt with Ocean's Journey. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/31/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Ocean's Journey by Landry's Restaurants Inc. Value of the acquisition; Details of the acquisition process; Information on the Ocean's Journey property.
- Landry's Smith Bid: Likely as Good as It Gets. Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/19/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses the bid of Landry's Restaurants Inc. for the acquisition of Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group Inc. Landry's has an 8.5% stake in Smith & Wollensky. The offer of Landry's elevated the shares of the latter by 32% on January 16, 2007. Smith & Wollensky owns and operates...
- A Midas Touch in Vegas. // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2005, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p17
This article reports on the acquisition of the Golden Nugget Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, by Landry's Restaurants in March 2005. The 300-plus casual seafood chain (Landry's Seafood House, Joe's Crab Shack, Rainforest CafÃ©, The Chart House and others) is buying the Golden Nugget Casino in...
- Landry's 1st-Q net drops on higher interest expense. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/22/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p16
The article reports on the decrease in first-quarter net profit of Landry's Restaurants Inc. despite higher year-over-year interest expense associated with its acquisition of the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos. The company's per-share earnings for the most recent quarter ended March 31, 2006...
- Denver Aquarium Hopes To Remain Afloat Through Bankruptcy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p3
Reports the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection of the Colorado Ocean Journey Aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Consideration of options to rescue investments; Liquidation of assets; Disclosure of several prospective buyers.
- DEALBOARD. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/20/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p9
The article provides information on the acquisition of Landry's Restaurants, Inc. by Fertitta Holdings, Inc., a private-equity firm formed by Tilman Fertitta, char and chief executive of Landry. It states that Fertitta is seeking to complete his proposed buyout at a reduced price from the...
- Landry's Set To Serve Up Platter Of Debt. M. S. // High Yield Report;6/23/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that Landry's Restaurants Inc. has agreed to be acquired by the company's chairman and chief executive officer Tilman Fertitta for $1.3 billion, including $885 million in debt. Two insurance firms, Jefferies and Wells Fargo Foothill, have committed $625 million assistance for...
- Smith & Wollensky's high-stakes battle. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that Landry's Restaurants Inc. offered to pay $64.5 million in cash, or $7.50 a share, for steakhouse chain Smith & Wollensky restaurants Group Inc.'s 15 restaurants in New York. The chain's founder and chief executive, Alan Stillman, could lose control of the company. Smith...