'Tool Time' in Rework: Expect the Unexpected
- Unusual circuits and unique devices. Yacono, John J. // Popular Electronics;Mar98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p56
Discusses the different innovative and novel electric circuits and devices design. Voltage regulators that control electric current instead of voltage; Integrated circuit-based buzzer; Large-temperature controller device; Blinking lamp; Magnetic switch.
- Simple diode circuits. Rakes, Charles D. // Popular Electronics;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p64
Describes simple diode circuits that are used in every electronic device. Bridge rectifier; Sound-level limiter; Telephone-in-use indicator; Kick-back voltage limiter; Steering circuit; Simple temperature sensor; Diode-matching circuit.
- Are Reconditioned Breakers a Good Idea? Bopp, Dick // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan2001, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p96
Focuses on the specifications for a safe and reliable reconditioned breakers in the United States. Details in ensuring a good reconditioning job; Definition of a power breaker reconditioning; Advantages of a reconditioned power circuit breakers. INSET: Afraid of Reconditioned Breakers?.
- CA Briefs. // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Feb2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p10
This section offers news briefs about the circuits assembly sector, including SAE Aerospace Council's standard for counterfeit electronics parts avoidance and detection, Apple's decision to slash orders for iPhone 5 parts, and Zestron's 2013 10-part cleaning webinar series schedule.
- Experiment #35â€”Power Supply Analysis. Silver, H. Ward // QST;Dec2005, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p54
Presents a study on individual circuits of an equipment in the electronics industry in the U.S. Analysis on the schematic diagram of a power supply cable; Protection of external equipment against excessive voltage; Discussions on the functions of regulators.
- Small, 925-MHz antenna beats monopole. Travis, Bill; Cuthbert, Dave; Casiano, Bob // EDN;5/15/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p73
A 915-MHz data-acquisition project required a small antenna, but the available antennas lacked the necessary characteristics such as efficiency and compactnessâ€“enhanced suppression of second-and third-harmonic radiation and the ability to be mechanically trimmable to resonance....
- Digital signal controls sine generator. Travis, Bill; Bramble, Simon // EDN;5/15/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p74
The electric circuit under study produces an accurate, variable-frequency sine wave for use as a general-purpose reference signal. It includes an eighth-order elliptic, switched-capacitor lowpass filter, IC sub3, which uses a 100-kHz square-wave clock signal that microcontroller IC sub2...
- Transmitter accurately transfers voltage point. Travis, Bill; Grantham, Clayton // EDN;5/15/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p76
When one connects remote sensors to a central process controller, a simple, robust, and commonly used interface is the 4-to 20-mA loop. The advantages of this current loop include the simplicity of just two twisted wires that share both power and signal, the loop's high noise immunity in harsh...
- Linearize measurements from bridge circuits. Quintáns-Graña, Camilo; Marcos-Acevedo, Jorge // Test & Measurement World;Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p21
The article discusses the linearize measurements of bridge circuits in the U.S. It states that bridge circuits are popular for conditioning signals from resistive sensors and provides differential output from single current or voltage source. Circuits provides representations including in Figure...