Study: Ten Most Attractive Markets for MEMS/MST Devices
- Asia Upswings with MEMS R&D and Microsystems Assembly. Luthra, Mukul // Circuits Assembly;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) market in Asia as of March 2003. Several MEMS related research initiatives undertaken by the Asian countries; Details of trends in the field of microelectronics in Asia; Information about the integrated circuits used in the cell phone...
- MEMS sensors and mechanical gadgets enter the mainstream. Travis, Bill // EDN;05/21/98, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p77
Comments on the use of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), or micro-machined-silicon devices, in the technology market. What the MEMS include; How to apply MEMS technology; Details on the MEMCAD 4.0 from Microcosm Technologies. INSET: @ a glance.
- Deep etching key to the MEMS/MST revolution. Gadil, Prashant // R&D Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the revolution involving the use of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), also known as microsystems technology (MST). Differences in market research studies on the size of the MEMS market; Examples of some advanced MEMS/MST; Reference to the introduction of plasma etching into the...
- Bridging the gap from IC design to total MEMS systems integration. Maher, Mary Ann; Lee, Hee Jung // R&D Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the microelectromechanical (MEMS) Pro, an integrated design, verification, and simulation environment that integrates MEMS into systems with electronics. Reference to the design opportunities arising in the MEMS field; How the MEMS Pro system operates; Features of the system; Details...
- The changing face of the MEMS industry. von Windheim // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on developments in microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology affecting the MEMS industry. Competencies that make up the foundation of producing a MEMS device; Factors influencing the development of application-specific MEMS; Forecasts of where MEMS technology will lead the industry.
- The switch is back. Kenward, Michael // Professional Engineering;06/21/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and MicroOptoElectroMechanical Systems (MOEMS). Key features; Production of MEMS; Increased interest in MEMS and MOEMS; Applications; Major players in the MMS and MOEMS industry.
- Method cuts MEMS inspection times. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);12/7/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7785, p8
The article focuses on the development of a project by European researchers to test Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) structures at once to decrease inspection from 20 minutes to less than 30 seconds. It is said that the MEMS testing is a very time-consuming and expensive process. It is...
- Trying Times for MEMS. Bourne, Marlene // Electronic News;6/3/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p18
Discusses the efforts of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) companies to find applications in telecommunications. Analogy to the film 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'; Factors that affect the use of MEMS solution; Discussion on the development of MEMS-based solutions for optical networking.
- Invitation to a MEMS convention. // Environmental Engineering;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p23
This article provides information on the Micro Electronic Mechanical Systems (MEMS) convention at the IMechE in London, England. MEMS is the generic term for the technology currently changing the concept of miniature switching, sensing, positioning and metering devices. Since 2002, at least 70...