LNL Technologies to Develop Optoelectronic Chips
- Fiber-Optic Chips Multiplex 16 T1/E1 Channels Over One Cable. Culhane, Denise // Electronic Design;04/17/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on the fiber-optic access chip set called the ACS411 T/E Fiber Access. Features and capabilities; Compliance with specifications for jitter attenuation, jitter transfer, and input jitter tolerance; Volume pricing.
- Low-temperature process enables monolithic devices. Carts-Powell, Yvonne // Laser Focus World;Feb97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p29
Reports that a prototype optolectronic-integrated-circuit (OEIC) foundry for nine university research groups is being used to test a process for fabricating OEICs. Use of gallium arsenide (GaAs) for both the VLSI electronics and light emitters; Utilization of epitaxy-on-electronics technique.
- Improved isolators for serial data. Romero, Dana // Electronic Design;11/6/95, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p113
Presents the development of ISO150 that utilizes capacitive coupling and combines two bidirectional channels in a single DIP or SOIC by Burr-Brown Corp. Advantages of ISO150; Its benefits over the traditional optocouplers.
- Highly sensitive NpnP optoelectronic switch by AlAs regrowth. Kuijk, M.; Heremans, P.; Borghs, G. // Applied Physics Letters;7/29/1991, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p497
Examines the sensitivity of NpnP optoelectric switching device with low holding power by passivation. Observation of extreme optical sensitivity; Application of light illumination to decrease the breakover voltage; Reduction of surface generation/recombination currents at the edges of the device.
- Simulation and design tools address demands of WDM. Amersfoort, Martin // Lightwave;Aug2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p192
Discusses the development of optoelectronic integrated circuits. Design cycle; Design example.
- PON suppliers look for component help. Hardy, Stephen // Lightwave;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
Deals with the components for passive-optical-network (PON) systems in the United States. Pieces of equipment comprising the Full Service Access Network; Statements from Bob Deri, director of lightwave systems at Terawave, on the 622-Mbit aspect of the PON; Why most companies in the PON market...
- Four-channel AlGaAs/GaAs optoelectronic integrated transmitter array. Kuno, M.; Sanada, T.; Nobuhara, H.; Makiuchi, M.; Fujii, T.; Wada, O.; Sakurai, T. // Applied Physics Letters;12/8/1986, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p1575
A monolithic four-channel optical transmitter at 0.8 ï¿½m wavelength has been fabricated. This has been achieved by using AlGaAs/GaAs optoelectronic integrated circuit (OEIC) approach. The OEIC chip contains four transmitter channels and each channel is composed of a graded-index waveguide...
- Polymer-based optical waveguide devices speed connections. Chen, Ray T.; Li, Bing; Foshee, James J.; Hartman, Walter B.; Tang, Suning // Laser Focus World;Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p139
Reports that polymer-based optical waveguide devices provide an alternative approach for realizing the next generation of optoelectronic integrated circuit. Formation of the polymer waveguides; Integration of polymer planar and channel waveguides to substrate; Discussion on high-speed,...
- Circuit forms fast, portable light pulser. Kaul, S. K.; Kaul, I. K.; Travis, Bill // EDN;10/16/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p84
Focuses on the implementation of a light pulser for field testing fast photomultipliers in gammaray astronomy work. Advantage of using two integrated circuits in the pulser.