Sanmina-SCI, IBM Sign Mulitbillion Outsourcing Agreement
- Sanmina-SCI Acquires Mexican Plant In IBM Deal. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the outsourcing deal signed by U.S. computer firm IBM with electronics manufacturing services firm Sanmina-SCI. Value of the deal; Terms of the agreement; Shift in the business strategy of IBM.
- IBM and Sanmina-SCI Sign Agreement. // Circuits Assembly;Mar2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p8
Reports the agreement between International Business Machines (IBM) and Sanmina-SCI Corp., an electronic manufacturing service provider. Focus on the outsourcing of IBM on the significant portion of personal computer manufacturing needs of Sanmina-SCI; Advantage of the negotiation on the...
- Sanmina to build IBM eServers, IntelliStations. Burt, Jeffrey // eWeek;1/13/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p23
Reports that computer company IBM Corp. signed a multi-billion dollar deal with Sanmina-SCI Corp. to build its eServer xSeries and IntelliStation workstations as of January 2003. Details of the deal; Manufacturing facilities of IBM to be acquired by Sanmina under the deal; Mention of a separate...
- Sanmina-SCI Issues $750 Million Notes. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the senior secured notes closed by Sanmina-SCI Corp. in a private placement in California. Agreement signed by the company to provide International Business Machines Corp. with additional manufacturing services; Expectation for the revenue of the business.
- Sanmina-SCI, Fujitsu Microelectronics Establish Strategic Relationship. // Circuits Assembly;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p13
Sanmina-SCI Corp., a design and electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider, and Fujitsu Microelectronics America Inc. have established an alliance to co-market products using Fujitsu's fingerprint sensor technology. Sanmina-SCI will design and develop system solutions integrating the...
- SANMINA-SCI ADDS OAK-MITSUI TO LIST OF LICENSED SUPPLIERS. // Electro Manufacturing;May2003, p1
Sanmina-SCI Corp., the San Jose, Caliornia-based leading global electronics contract manufacturer and high-performance printed circuit board fabricator, has announced that Hoosick Falls, New York-based Oak-Mitsui Technologies has signed a worldwide licensing agreement to manufacture and market...
- N.H. expansion for Calif. firm. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/13/95, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p3A
Reports that Sanmina Corp. is building a contract manufacturing facility in Manchester, New Hampshire. Expansion of the company's manufacturing capacity and capabilities in the Northeast; Remarks by Sanmina chairman and chief executive officer Jure Sola on the company's goals.
- IBM backs away from partnering for key products. Songini, Marc // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p25
Reports that the International Business Machines (IBM) company made efforts to withdraw from partnering with other companies to market products. Relationship between IBM, the Cascade Communications Corporation and the Shiva Corporation; Information on Ethernet hubs and switches by IBM; Details...
- IBM aligns itself with telco equipment players. // InfoWorld;11/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p20
Deals with the telecommunications partnership strategy of IBM as announced in November 2000. Purpose of the strategy; List of the company's partners.