Connecticut Approves Bailout Loan for Waste-Energy System
- Gamble pays off for Conn. agency. Leonard, John // Waste News;11/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p7
Reports that over 40 municipalities in Connecticut received checks totalling $3 million in 1997, from the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority. Functions of the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority; How the $3 million was generated.
- More Enron Trash. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p35
Reports on votes of the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority (CRRA) to increase trash-hauling fees in order to recoup losses resulting from a multimillion dollar payment it made to Enron Corp. in 2001. Purpose of the payment made to Enron; Votes of the board of directors of CRRA for the...
- A shrine to junk. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p15
Features the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority's Mid-Connecticut Project Visitors Center in Hartford, known as the trash museum. Number of people visiting the center each year; Design features of the center; Educational shows hosted by the center.
- Conn. seeks a home for its ash. Post, Paul // Waste News;11/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 26, p10
States that the Connecticut Resource Recovery Authority is planning to consider a proposal for the recycling of the state's incinerator ash. When the proposal was made; Information on the authority; Reference to a contract signed with Preston plant officials.
- Not with my trash. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;08/25/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p20
Reports that as a result of a financial dispute, officials in Bloomfield, Connecticut have halted sending trash to a shared landfill operated by the town of Windsor. Comments by Bloomfield Town Manager Louie Chapman; Transport of Bloomfield's trash by the Connecticut Resource Recovery...
- New York City may haul its trash to Bridgeport. Rosenkrantz, Holly // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p7
Reports on New York City's plan of sending its garbage from the Bronx to the incinerator in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Bid from Waste Management Inc. and other carters; Low profit for Connecticut Resource Recovery Authority; City officials' opposition on incineration.
- Connecticut, one eye on agency, waits for moment to sell $325 million issue. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30471, p5
Reports on Connecticut's plans to issue special transportation obligation bonds within two weeks, as it keeps an eye on the issuing habits of other issuers such as the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority. CRRA's plans to refund bonds; State's general obligation ratings.
- Connecticut waste agency finishes statewide refunding cycle. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/18/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30707, p4
Reports on Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority's sale of bonds on behalf of the Bridgeport Resources Recovery Facility. Structure of the bond issue; Insurance of the revenue refunding.
- Connecticut in Talks to Bail Out Cash-Poor Waste-to-Energy Plant. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31560, p6
Reports on the negotiations of Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority (CRRA) with state officials to structure a multi-million dollar bailout of the Waste-to-Energy committee utility's Mid-Connecticut System. Decline in the rating of subordinate revenue bonds issued by CRRA; Report on CRRA's...