TexPool Hits High-Water Mark With a Record $17 Billion
- 15 largest public funds. // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
Presents a listing of the 15 largest public funds in the United States.
- Equity concentration decreases. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;12/13/93, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p2
Presents a study on the investment of public funds. Decrease in the concentration of equities held by pension funds; Comparison of the growth of assets; Investment of individuals in the equity market.
- Public funds summary. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1995, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p22
Lists the top public funds in November 1994. Comparison of index returns; October's top CTAs.
- Putting together an investment plan. Doyne, Barbara // American City & County;Dec96, Vol. 111 Issue 13, p6
Focuses on the features of effective investment policies for state and local government financial assets. Contents of effective investment policies; Importance of accurate forecasting of cash flow; Management of primary cash.
- Best returns. Stuart, Elaine // State Government News;Sep96, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p8
Presents interviews with state treasurers on how they get the most for the public dollar. Difference between investing excess cash in the general fund and pension funds; Safety factors; Investing in state economies; Making social statements.
- Foreign stocks for Shelby County. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;11/13/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p9
Reports that the $450 million Shelby County Retirement System, Memphis, Tennessee, has set aside $10 million to make its first move into international equities. Authorization in the investment policy; Reallocation of assets among some managers.
- Time to revamp state investment policy. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p6
Editorial. Stresses the need to revamp the investment policy in Indiana. Repeal of an old ban on investing state retirement assets in stocks; Losses suffered by the Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund and the Teachers' Retirement Fund due to poor investment policies of the state.
- Sad but true. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/10/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 137, p4
The author reflects on the failure of the government of Tupper Lake, New York to provide adequate stewardship of its public funds.
- Get pension funds into the market. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/5/96, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p6A
Editorial. Reports on the referendum which seeks to allow equity investment of public funds in Indiana. Law forbidding stock investment of state funds.