Two Long Years of Decisions Ahead
- Reality check should guide budget decisions. // Journal of Business (10756124);5/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 10, pA4
Editorial. Comments on the Washington State Legislature's special session in May 2003 to approve a budget. Call for legislators to recognize that the revenues they will use will come from the private sector; Budget shortfall that the state faces; Proposed budget of Governor Gary Locke; Tax...
- Ballot Initiatives Bolster State Funding for Schools. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;7/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p26
Reports on the Washington state budget law which includes an increased provision for the education sector of the state. Amount reserved for education under the law; Major factor that caused the increased allocation for education; Amount made available for school construction in the state.
- Senate passes FDA appropriations for 2002. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the approval of the budget of the Food and Drugs Administration for product labeling and claims for dietary supplements in Washington. Increase in the appropriation for FDA; Total votes earned by the FDA to the proposed appropriation.
- Bills start pouring in as lawmakers begin work. McDaniels, Nevonne // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, pA8
Reports the issues faced by lawmakers in Washington. Appeal of Port of Douglas director Pat Haley on changing interest loans and score grants offered by the Public Works Trust Fund; Impact of the budget proposal of governor Gary Locke on human services programs; Bills passed by the House...
- State Aid Cuts Threaten Schools In Washington. Mitzman, Barry // Education Week;10/5/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the financial crisis in Washington State that leads to a sudden 10 percent cut on budget for school support. According to Frank B. Brouillet, state superintendent of public instruction, local school systems are reeling from the shock of the reduction in aid, which may mean...
- Wash. State May Scrap All School Bus Funding. // Education Week;11/9/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Washington state Governor Chris Gregoire is considering cutting all funds allocated for student transportation as of 2011 due to the economic recession.
- State awaits big stream of energy dollars. Gregg, Deirdre // Journal of Business (10756124);9/3/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 18, pA15
The article reports on the stimulus money for energy efficiency to weatherize homes, upgrade public buildings and to generate hundred of jobs by the state and local agencies in Washington. It notes that the federal stimulus money in the amount of 150 million dollars is starting to flow in the...
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.