Still Fiddling With Fiscal 2003 While Holding the Line in 2004
- Idahoans Rally Against Budget Cuts. // NEA Today;May2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the effort made by the Idaho school community to protest against lawmakers' budget cuts proposals, in March 2002. Goal of the effort; Impact of budget cuts on the school system; 1Various comments on the matter.
- TAXING SOME. Crisp, Andrew // Boise Weekly;2/24/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p10
The article reports on the plan of the Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee (JFAC) to implement a 7.1% cut on budgets for state agencies in Idaho. It says that the JFAC's plan requires a movement of over 140 million dollars in federal stimulus and reserve funds. Likewise, the plan requires...
- Idaho Gains a State Park. // Parks & Recreation;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
This article details how The Nature Conservancy donated a million dollar endowment and 310 acres of land in Magic Valley near Hagerman, Idaho. This land includes several miles of shoreline and many natural springs. Ritter Island, included in this transaction, is the home of the Thousand Springs...
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Impact of the opening of an automotive plant by the Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp., on the economy of Texas; Announcement regarding auction of treasury bills in Washington; Business...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T.; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p29
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Promotion of Stanislas Rouyer to the post of senior vice president at financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Announcement by the rating agency regarding a change in offices following a...