A New Cast, Some Old Problems
- Tennessee budget stands. // State Government News;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the move of the Tennessee State Legislature to override the decision of Governor Don Sundquist to veto the proposed no-new-taxes state budget for 2002. Proposal of Sundquist for the state to adopt income tax; Reason for the decision of Sundquist to veto the budget proposal.
- Tennessee funds withheld. // Overdrive;May95, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p33
Reports that the FWHA is withholding funds from Tennessee unless the state proves that the abuses and corruption alleged in 1994 have been cleared by the state Public Service Commission. Federal money for truck safety inspections.
- TN Libraries Face Major Budget Cuts. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 17, p16
Reports that budget cuts have been ordered at the State Library and Archives in Tennessee due to a shortage of revenue in the state. Amount of cuts at the library; Impact of the cuts on regional libraries; Importance of income tax in Tennessee.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Impact of the opening of an automotive plant by the Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp., on the economy of Texas; Announcement regarding auction of treasury bills in Washington; Business...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T.; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p29
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Promotion of Stanislas Rouyer to the post of senior vice president at financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Announcement by the rating agency regarding a change in offices following a...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Smith, Aaron T.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 11, 2003. Downgrade of financial ratings of AXA Re Finance SA by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Tender rates of the U.S. treasury bills of exchange; Sale of multi-billion dollar bills of exchange by the U.S. Treasury Department.