Hard Early Decisions Make Tough Times a Little Easier
- Mississippi cuts salaries for library professionals. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;6/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p44
Reports that the state of Mississippi has reduced financial support for its Personnel Grants Program, which pays the basic salary of professional librarians across the state. Possibility of a further reduction in funding; Conditions that necessitated the reduction.
- Barbour targets Medicaid as way to balance budget. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jan2011, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the plan of Governor Haley Barbour to consider Medicaid as a tool in balancing the state's trouble budget in Mississippi.
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Impact of the opening of an automotive plant by the Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp., on the economy of Texas; Announcement regarding auction of treasury bills in Washington; Business...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T.; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p29
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Promotion of Stanislas Rouyer to the post of senior vice president at financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Announcement by the rating agency regarding a change in offices following a...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Smith, Aaron T.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 11, 2003. Downgrade of financial ratings of AXA Re Finance SA by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Tender rates of the U.S. treasury bills of exchange; Sale of multi-billion dollar bills of exchange by the U.S. Treasury Department.