Time Running Out on Good Old Dependable Revenue Streams
- Race for governor should have focused on the issues. Hill // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p25
No abstract available.
- City finds bucks for strategic planning. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/13/97, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p1
Reports that in an attempt to streamline its financial planning, the New Orleans Division of Economic Development (NODED) has created the Office of Strategy Planning for Employment & Economic Development (OSPE&ED). How the office will be funded; Responsibilities of the office; Support for the...
- La. House Committee Fails to OK New Hospital Construction. Watts, Jim // National Mortgage News;5/16/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on the refusal of the Louisiana House Appropriations Committee to approve the construction of a 1.2 billion dollars state hospital in New Orleans until development of a final business plan is completed.
- A classic Louisiana power play. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/28/94, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p5
Opinion. Comments on the demand of Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards for the allocation of surplus state funds to his office. Constitutional requirement for the use of the surplus for retiring state bonds; Prospects for the relocation of the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team to New Orleans.
- La. Lawmakers May Cancel Gov.'s Education Budget Boost. // Community College Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p10
Deals with issues on the plans of Louisiana Governor Mike Foster to increase budget in education instead of health care and other services in April 2003. Reason of Foster for increasing education budget; Issue pointed out by legislators on the appropriations committee; Contention of public...
- Louisiana Treasurer Accuses Jindal of Scare Tactics. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/17/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33716, p3
The article reports on the accusations by Louisiana Treasurer John N. Kennedy against State Governor Bobby Jindal who used scare strategies in a dispute over the refusal to appropriate non-recurring revenues of 267.7 million dollars to balance the proposed 25.5 billion dollars fiscal 2013 budget.
- S&P Upgrades Louisiana GOs to A-Plus, Appropriation Debt to A. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/2/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32911, p5
The article reports on the upgrade of the ratings of Standard & Poor's on Louisiana's state debt. The state's general obligation moved from A to A-plus and from A-minus to A for the state's appropriations-backed debt. According to State Treasurer John Kennedy, Louisiana deserved the ratings...
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.