You Know It's Bad When a Republican Asks for Tax Hikes
- Ga. Budget Cuts Go into Effect. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p2
Reports on a reduction in Georgia's $15 billion of fiscal budget 2002. Plans of the state's officials to sell grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds; Amount of reduction in budget of various programs and services.
- State Journal. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p18
Reports termination of the state education budget in Georgia. Campaign on the parents against the abolishment of the program;; Progress in acquiring a foreign language; Visit to the capitol and delivery of origami basket to legislators.
- Georgia Passes $16B Plan, but Governor Wary. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31624, p4
Georgia legislators passed a 16 billion dollar expenditure plan for the fiscal year of 2004 that includes a tobacco tax increase and relies on several accounting maneuvers. State governor Sonny Perdue will closely examine the plan because he is concerned that it does not address long-term...
- Up in the Air. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2016, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p45
The article reports on legislative developments in the U.S. state of Georgia as of February 2016. Topics include domination of House Bill 170, a transportation funding package, during the 2015 session, the expected ongoing fights over guns, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues and...
- Get on the Bus. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2016, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p90
The author talks about the U.S. state of Georgia's funding for 2016. Topics include the 466 million needed by the state's public school systems to provide a quality education to students, the cost of transporting students to and from school borne by school systems, and why the charterization...
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...