Around the State in 80 Tax Changes, If They Get Through
- Ohio tries to reclaim LSCA $$. // LJ: Library Journal;9/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p1591
Focuses on Ohio's attempt to recapture $1 million for other state purposes in LSCA Title I money for the fiscal year 1975.
- Wet and dry. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/22/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p0008
The article focuses on the implications of the addition of 966 million dollars into Ohio's rainy day fund by Governor John Kasich in July 2013. The deposit has brought to almost 1.5 billion dollars the amount of money that has been put into the Budget Stabilization Fund by the governor over the...
- Ohio Grant Addresses Personnel Shortage. Boswell, Susan // ASHA Leader;3/6/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
This article discusses the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) and the Ohio State Board of Education's approval of a $5 million grant to address the shortage of speech and language pathologists in the public school system. The ODE wants to provide support and resources that will look at the long...
- MONITORING WHAT MATTERS. Christie, Kathy // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep2000, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p5
Discusses the collection and use of educational data in the United States. Lack of data about students who drop out of school; Efforts of states to correct this problem using identification numbers for students and a system to determine how schools and districts are performing; Claims by a...
- Brook Park builds for the future. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/20/96, Vol. 17 Issue 21, Following page 22 pS-1
Presents information on an ambitious plan to be implemented in Brook Park, Ohio, by Brook Park Mayor Thomas J. Coyne and City Council. Plan to create jobs and revenue in Brook County; Information on 1994-95 statistics relating to new buildings and business expansions opportunities; Importance...
- Revenues miss Nov. budget. Johnson, Alan // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p9
Reports on Ohio state revenues for the month of November 1995. Shortfalls in tax receipts from automobile sales and personal income tax; Solid financial outlook; Repercussions of the Christmas 1995 shopping season.
- Ohio's Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec98, p15
Highlights the tax revenues of Ohio's state government. Composition of Ohio's tax revenues; Non-tax sources of Ohio's revenues; Expenditures of the Ohio government.
- The Ohio Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2003, p14
Focuses on the federal budget for the state of Ohio. Proposal to change the substantial tax code; Appropriations for various educational programs; Elimination of five state programs.
- Get off the fix. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/03/96, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p10
Opinion. Comments on the gambling habits of Ohio legislators. Officials' dependence on the Ohio Lottery profits to help finance state government; Former US Representative Ron Mottl's championing of the legislation that created the lottery in 1974; Reduction of portions of general fund money...