Juggling for Mandated Balance as Issuance Proceeds Apace
- Nebraska OKs reductions. // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the decision of the Nebraska Legislature to reduce state jobs and reduce the state budget in 2002. Amount of the 2002 state budget; Plan of the Legislature to make additional job cuts.
- Indiana, Nebraska tax decisions could mean major funding overhauls. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30499, p30
Focuses on the changes in the spending policies in the midwestern states of Indiana and Nebraska after the implementation of property tax changes in 1999. Ruling on the unconstitutionality of the tax system in Indiana due to unequal property assessments; Voters' decision on November 3, 1998...
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Impact of the opening of an automotive plant by the Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp., on the economy of Texas; Announcement regarding auction of treasury bills in Washington; Business...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T.; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p29
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Promotion of Stanislas Rouyer to the post of senior vice president at financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Announcement by the rating agency regarding a change in offices following a...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Smith, Aaron T.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 11, 2003. Downgrade of financial ratings of AXA Re Finance SA by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Tender rates of the U.S. treasury bills of exchange; Sale of multi-billion dollar bills of exchange by the U.S. Treasury Department.