First It Was the Vision Thing, Now Its Bonding With Values
- Iowa restores some funding. // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the legislative actions taken by the Iowa Legislature for the 2002 state budget in November 2001. Restoration of funds to priority programs affected by the budget cuts made by Governor Tom Vilsack in November 1, 2001; Delay in the reduction of a training program; Reason for the...
- Cut Higher Education Last. // Community College Week;5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5
Focuses on the need to reevaluate the proposed cuts to education budgets in Iowa. Role of local, state, and federal governments in the implementation of funding reductions; Information on the Iowa Tuition Grant.
- Local officials discuss passenger rail results. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;7/18/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 52, p7
The article reports on the results of the 2011 legislative session of Iowa, cutting the appropriation for Iowa City, Iowa-Chicago, Illinois high-speed passenger rail service.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Impact of the opening of an automotive plant by the Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp., on the economy of Texas; Announcement regarding auction of treasury bills in Washington; Business...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T.; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p29
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Promotion of Stanislas Rouyer to the post of senior vice president at financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Announcement by the rating agency regarding a change in offices following a...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Smith, Aaron T.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 11, 2003. Downgrade of financial ratings of AXA Re Finance SA by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Tender rates of the U.S. treasury bills of exchange; Sale of multi-billion dollar bills of exchange by the U.S. Treasury Department.