Drumroll, Please: The Fiscal Upswing Has Finally Begun
- State spending approaches statutory spending cap. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/11/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p23
The article focuses on the spending capacity of Utah. It is said that to calculate spending limit, base year non-exempt expenditures inflation should be multiplied to population growth. It is stated that when compared to the original Taxpayer Bill of Rights law of Colorado, the spending limit of...
- Utah Lawmakers, in Special Session, Seek to Guard Ratings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p5
Reports on the meeting of Utah lawmakers at Salt Lake City, Utah on December 18, 2002 to form a plan on state's budget that would not lower its triple-A rating. Suggestions provided by Republican Governor Mike Leavitt regarding budget reductions; Refusal of lawmakers to support the Leavitt's...
- Governor Leavitt gambles on 'V' shaped economic recovery. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/5/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p26
Comments on the revenue shortage in Utah. Reduction in the operations spending of the state; Recession in the economy of the state; Growth in the spendings for operations and maintenance in the state.
- Utah adjourns session. // State Government News;Apr2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the end of the congressional session of Utah House of Representatives on March 1, 2000. Allocation made for education; Approval for more money for drug courts; Appropriations of the state's anticipated tobacco settlement.
- Utah Governor to Call Special Session as Budget Hole Deepens. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p5
Reports the plans of governor Mike Leavitt to call a legislative session and discuss matters about the budget of Utah. Budget deficits faced by the state; Move of other legislators to resolve the problem; Contribution of income tax on the shortfall.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Impact of the opening of an automotive plant by the Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp., on the economy of Texas; Announcement regarding auction of treasury bills in Washington; Business...