The Next Big Idea: Transparent, Zero-Based Budgeting
- TEXAS LEGISLATIVE PANEL LOOKS TO SET RAINY DAY FUND FLOOR AT $7.5 BILLION. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;12/1/2016, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the decision by the Select Committee on Economic Stabilization Fund Balance to approve a minimum balance for the Economic Stabilization Fund of Texas amounting to $7.5 billion for the next state fiscal biennium.
- Oilman: Texas Would Tap Water Faster With $2B Pipeline Plan. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31813, p27
Focuses on the proposed groundwater pipeline project in the state of Texas. Amount of revenue bonds to be issued to finance the project; Negotiations being undertaken by the Brazos River Authority concerning the project; Implications of the project for the water system in the state.
- Experts: New Borrowing Methods Open a New Era in Texas Transportation. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31813, p27
Reports on the new system of transportation funding in the state of Texas. Approval of new financing tools by the State Legislature; Amount of revenue bonds that the Texas Department of Transportation has been authorized to issue; Information on several transportation projects being proposed...
- Texas Lt. Gov.Seeks $12M to Patrol Border for 5 Months. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/13/2015, p39
The article reports on a proposal of Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick which involves spending 12 million U.S. dollars to secure the border of Mexico until May 2015. Disclosed is the total amount approved in December 2014 for Texas National Guard and the Department of Public Safety troops on...
- A Tale of Two Energy Booms: Texas Prudence vs. Alberta Imprudence. Milke, Mark // Canadian Student Review;Summer2015, p6
The article focuses on comparing the growth of government spending in the U.S. state of Texas and the province of Alberta in Canada. Topics include the economy of Texas compared to Alberta's economy from 2001 to 2013, Alberta's better fiscal record and balanced books, and difference in the...
- Legislature funds round five of courthouse grants. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);7/5/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p12
The article reports that a Texas appropriations bill includes funds for historic preservation of courthouses.
- Unexpected Texas Agency Budget Crunches Could Be Burning Bush. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p5
Reports the call for Texas Governor George W. Bush for an emergency appropriations when the state's Legislature convenes in January 2001. Estimated amount to be approved for additional funding of several state agencies; Reception of the market of the revenue bond issue sold by the Public Finance...
- Texas expects deficit. // State Government News;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p9
Reports that Texas could face a budget shortfall when the fiscal year ends August 31, 2000. Impact of the shortfall.
- Texas Looks to Get Creative With Debt to Battle Shortfall. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31560, p1
Reports on plans of Texas officials to counter revenue shortfall through creative financing. Views of Texas deputy comptroller Billy Hamilton regarding the issue of tax revenue anticipation notes; Considerations to be made while grafting the budget for state according to experts; Steps to...