Low Debt Staying Low as KDOT, Localities Face Stiff Cuts
- KANSAS: Senate OKs FY12 Eludget. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33494, p7
The article reports on the adoption of 2012 state budget by Kansas Senate worth 14 billion dollars.
- Kansas Lawmakers OK Balanced Budget, $8.2B Road Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/13/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33316, p3
The article reports that lawmakers approved the 13.6 billion dollars balanced budget for Kansas in fiscal 2011.
- Kansas Experiments in Regionalization. Kriesel, Dennis // PA Times;Nov2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
Reports that Kansas has allocated $800,000 of Center for Disease Control grant funding for incentives as part of its effort for regionalization. Attempt to meet appropriate levels in bioterrorism; Decentralized public health service provided by Kansas; Details of the regionalization incentives.
- Brownback Cuts Back. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/15/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33482, p7
The article reports on the spending cuts proposed by 56.5 dollars by Governor Sam Brownback in Kansas.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Report by the Federal Reserve regarding borrowing by Americans; Promissory notes sold by the Treasury Department; Announcement by the New York City comptroller regarding a conference.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Impact of the opening of an automotive plant by the Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp., on the economy of Texas; Announcement regarding auction of treasury bills in Washington; Business...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Smith, Aaron T.; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p29
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of February 6, 2003. Promotion of Stanislas Rouyer to the post of senior vice president at financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Announcement by the rating agency regarding a change in offices following a...