Lawmakers Go Back to Basics: How to Pay for School
- Pair of Kansas School Districts Looking to Dump State's Funding Formula. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p32
Reports that attorneys for two Kansas school districts told the state Supreme Court on October 23, 2002 that the funding formula for financially struggling schools be overturned. Reasons for their opposition to the formula; Arguments put forth by the attorneys; Role of school funding in...
- Low attendance costs Detroit district $4.2 million in state aid. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/12/2012, p2
The article reports that state aid for Detroit Public Schools will be reduced by 4.2 million dollars until 2016 as a result of a 75 percent decline in student attendance in schoolyear 2010-2011.
- Lawrence, Kan., Schools Present 'Wish List' of $29 Million in Needs. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p32
Reports on the demands by the public school officials in Lawrence, Kansas. Review of the proposals by the Lawrence Board of Education; Amount for building upgrades in the annual budget proposals; Use of portable classrooms in four junior high schools in the city.
- Government Grant for Rural and Inner-City Schools. Dianis, Laura K. // Curriculum Administrator;Feb99, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p8
Announces the award grants to rural and inner-city public schools in the United States. Establishment of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program; Relevance of the program; Application for the program; Contact information.
- Figuring the Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that a study will be released concerning the state funding of public schools in Arkansas. Supreme Court ruling that the state does not fund adequately public school operations; Governor Mike Huckabee's plan to call a special session to create a school finance system; Revised education...
- IPS maps out legislative agenda. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the plans of the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) to support education funding issues in its 1999 General Assembly. Organization's advocacy for the state to implement a `poverty factor' in the school funding formula; Requirements for the IPS to attain its demands.
- UK's Second State-funded Hindu School Soon. // India -- West;12/3/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pB20
The article reports on the inaugural of the second state-funded Hindu school in Leicester, England.
- McCall challenges Pataki's stance on public schools. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;01/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p6
Reports the ruling of the United States Supreme Court concerning public schools financing by the New York State. Failure of the state to provide adequate facilities to the schools; Views of Brooklyn President Howard Golden on the court ruling; Impact of the ruling on the minority students.
- Forty-six years in the making. Ferrer, Fernando // New York Amsterdam News;01/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p13
Comments on the court ruling on the New York state's school funding policy. Basis of the United States Supreme Court ruling; Impact of the ruling to the schoolchildren; Responsibilities faced by the educators and elected officials after the imposition of the court ruling.