Population Boom, Fiscal Straightjacket a Tough Combination
- Arizona. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p6S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Arizona. Contributions of officials from various government agencies on the economy; State and local revenues; Total debt per capita; Comparison of employment growth in 1993 and 1998; Income derived from tobacco settlement; Amount needed for water...
- Solid Pension Ratios Lend Comfort, But Concerns Lurk. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, Special section p29
The article provides an overview of the fiscal condition of Arizona. Director of the state's Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS) Jim Hackling refutes the solid pension ratios of Arizona. The Arizona State Retirement System has registered a funded ratio of 85.3 percent in 2005....
- Moody's Upgrades Arizona to Aa2 as Budget Stabilizes. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/8/2015, p1
The article reports that bond credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service has upgraded the ratings of the state of Arizona from Aa3 to Aa2. Topics discussed include the state's efforts to overcome a budget deficit of 1 billion dollars in its 2015 legislative session, the expected...
- Arizona Special Session May Tackle Problems Within Budget. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p5
Focuses on the economic conditions of Arizona. Factors affecting the state budget; Decrease of income tax collections; Impact of tourism and income tax collection on general fund revenues.
- Arizona fares well in per capita exports. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Arizona has the seventh largest per capita exports in the United States according to statistics from government agencies. Value of exported goods from the state in 1998; Comparison with other regions in the country; Indications of favorable economic conditions in the state.
- Purchasing managers' index shows Az. economy slowing. // Inside Tucson Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p20
Cites the drop in the Arizona Purchasing Managers' Index in January 2000. Factors behind the slowdown in production activity; Decline in the employment and new orders indices.
- Tucson returns to position once lost. // Inside Tucson Business;7/29/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p4
Editorial. Commends the administrative agencies involved in the effort to increase Mexican tourism in Tucson and Pima County, Arizona. Viability of the two areas for Mexican tourists; Economic impact of the tourist trade; Estimates on the income generated by Mexican tourists.
- ECONOMIC BRIEFS. // Inside Tucson Business;7/14/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p16
Presents news updates on the economy in Arizona, compiled as of July 14, 2003. Economic structure of the state; Decline in the Arizona Tourism Barometer; Publication of the 2003 Arizona Statistical Abstract.
- Growing Marana leaves farming roots in the dust. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;06/22/98, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the economic conditions in the town of Marana, Arizona. Agricultural self-sufficiency in cotton and pecans; Pro-business approach to economic development; Comments of Mayor Ora Mae Harn on economic potential.