'Supreme Bean Counter' Keeps D.C. on Straight and Narrow
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Gandhi Garners Honor. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32748, p9
The article announces that Natwar Gandhi, Washington D.C. chief financial officer, has been named one of Governing.com's 2007 Public Officials of the Year.
- D.C. CFO Expects to Report a Balanced Budget in 'Clean' Fiscal 2002 Audit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31559, p4
Reports on the expectancy of chief financial officer of the U.S. District of Columbia Natwar M. Gandhi, for a balanced budget for the fiscal year 2002, in the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) to be released on January 29, 2003. Difficulties faced by CAFR in preparing the budget...
- D.C.'s Structural Imbalance Won't Lead to 'Quagmire,' CFO Says. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31654, p6
Chief financial officer of Washington D.C. Natwar M. Gandhi told that even though the District of Columbia has a permanent structural imbalance beyond its control of up to $1.1 billion each year, the city will continue to be financially responsible as of June 11, 2003. The district's fiscal...
- D.C. CFO Unveils Plan to Combat $251 Million Shortfall. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p5
Reports on District of Columbia Chief Financial Officer Natwar M. Gandhi's introduction of a plan designed to eliminate a potential fiscal 2001 budget shortfall. Efforts of the District government to deal with its financial problems; Estimated shortfall in 2001.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Kaiser Controversy. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p35
Reports that chief financial officer of the District of Columbia Natwar M. Gandhi, has asked district Inspector General Charles C. Maddox to investigate allegations that Gandhi's former general counsel falsified his credentials. Details of the statement released by Gandhi; Controversy...
- New D.C. CFO Hopes to Run A Smooth, Efficient Operation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p1
Profiles Washington D.C. chief financial officer Natwar M. Gandhi. Career history; Educational attainment; Plans during his incumbency; Factors credited for the improvement of the district's finances; Relations with credit rating agencies.
- D.C. CFO Cleans House; Gathers Team With `Necessary Skill'. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30938, p4
Reports on the personnel changes at Washington, D.C., chief financial officer Natwar Gandhi's office in an effort to ensure that problems that led to his predecessor's removal from office can be avoided in the future. Results of a management review conducted by Gandhi; Key executives of...
- Washington, D.C. CFO Natwar Gandhi to Step Down. DEBONIS, MIKE; STEWART, NIKITA // News India Times;2/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p13
The article offers information regarding resignation of Natwar M. Gandhi from the post of the District's chief financial officer of Washington D.C.
- D.C. Finance Chief Warns Against Further Draining of Surplus. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33461, p5
The article reports on the warning of Natwar Gandhi, District of Columbia Finance Chief, on further draining of surplus in general funds.