Professor George Yin Returning to Hill As Joint Tax Committee's Chief of Staff
- WEEK IN WASHINGTON. // BioWorld Insight;5/23/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p5
The article offers information on the Senate, Congress and Joint Committee on Taxation in the U.S. in which a resolution to keep the Small Business Innovation Research program is on-going while a 10-year revenue loss for the 79 billion-dollar-worth proposed repatriation tax was estimated.
- JTC Modifies Muni Categories, Sparking Concerns From Issuers. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p4
The article reports on the modification of the categories of tax-exempt bonds by the Joint Tax Committee (JTC) for purposes of calculating federal tax expenditures in the U.S. Some issuers are worried that the changes will make certain types of tax-exempt bonds less attractive to lawmakers. The...
- JTC Offers Revenue Estimates. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33279, p1
The article reports on the move of the Joint Tax Committee (JTC) to release revenue estimates for the budget proposal of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. It notes that the revenue estimates would extend most of the municipal bond provisions of the stimulus law through the end...
- TBMA Looks to Defeat Eight Joint Tax Committee Proposals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32086, p5
Reports on the efforts of the Bond Market Association to defeat the proposals of the U.S. Joint Tax Committee which constitute potential threats to the market for tax-exempt municipal bonds. Recommendation of the committee to eliminate advance refundings of tax-exempt governmental and 501(c)(3)...
- JTC Pegs BABs at $12.5B. Schroeder, Peter // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the projection of the Joint Tax Committee (JTC) regarding the increase on the cost of the Build America Bond (BAB) program in the U.S. from 2009 to 2013. It highlights the JTC's "Estimates of Federal Tax Expenditures for Fiscal Years 2009-2013" report which forecasts that...
- Patronage diplomacy. Barr, Edward J. // Christian Science Monitor;11/18/96, Vol. 88 Issue 247, p20
Opinion. Discusses the qualifications of political appointees in the United States, in relation to the filling of foreign policy positions in government. Lack of coherence and continuity in the national security policy; Details on the foreign policy system.
- Nominations submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/25/95, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p1666
Presents a list of nominations submitted to the US Senate as of September 1995. Jane Bobbitt as Assistant Secretary of Commerce, successor of Loretta L. Dunn; James William Blagg as US Attorney for the Western District of Texas; Eric James Boswell as Assistant Secretary of State.
- Nominations submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p126
Presents a list of nominations submitted to the US Senate for January 28-30, 1997. Nomination of Federico Pena as Secretary of Energy; Nomination of Ann Jorgenson to be a member of the Farms Credit Administration Board; Nomination of Stanley A. Riveles for the rank of Ambassador.
- Nominations submitted to the Senate. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p512
Presents the nominations for office submitted to the United States Senate from April 7 and 8, 1997. Nomination of James B. King for the directorship of the Office of the Personnel Management; James William Blagg's nomination to be U.S. attorney for the Western District of Texas; Nomination of...