Protection is the name of the game
- On the Surface. McLean, Vivienne // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p17
Reports on trends in furniture finishing in New Zealand. Options of furniture manufacturers in enhancing their finishing lines; Pace of adoption of environmental friendly finishing products; Popular finishing products. INSET: New formula hard to beat.
- The perfect finish. Shipman, John // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002 Supplement, p7
Stresses the need for durable finishing within the furniture industry. List of consumer preferences for furniture finishes; Overview on the attractiveness and durability of finishes as a major selling point for furniture manufacturers and retailers; Examples of popular standards for furniture...
- New developments in touch-up and repair. PINKERTON, AUDREY // Wood & Wood Products;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p115
Introduces the hard wax sticks, a touch-up technology used to reduce or eliminate burn-in, overspray and dye separation in furniture. Benefits offered by hard wax sticks; How to use the sticks; Advantages of the product over the traditional ones.
- Four days, 16 plants offer insight into Malaysia. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/28/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p32
In this article, the author discusses development of furniture industry of Malaysia including his visits to furniture shows organized by the Malaysian Furniture Council, strong infrastructure to handle whitewood processing of furniture parts, and challenges faced due to limited local labor.
- South-of-border mfrs. poised for bigger role. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p9
Focuses on the role of Mexican furniture manufacturers as suppliers to the furniture market in the United States. Interest of consumers on the price values of Mexican case goods; Use of American-style finishes to attract distributors; Significance of finish sophistication to the suppliers.
- Valspar sales rise 8.8%, net income up 24% in 1Q. // Furniture/Today;2/24/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p74
Reports on the first-quarter sales of furniture finishes and coatings supplier Valspar Corp. for 2003.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;02/09/2001, Issue 5224, p6
Exchanges ideas about furniture problems. Views on the natural characteristics of furniture; Ideas from the chief conciliation officer Michael Morgan of Qualitas Furnishing Standard.
- ENSURING SUCCESSFUL FURNITURE FINISHES. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2011, Issue 5745, p20
The article reports on the importance for furniture companies to use the right finishing materials in their products. It advises the need for furniture designers and manufacturers to consider the durability and performance of their product finishes to ensure resistance to scratching, sunlight,...
- Imports unlikely to abate. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p70
Focuses on the importation of furniture in the United States. Domination of China in the export furniture trade; Reluctance of importers to shift import source; Assessment of furniture finishes of imported furniture.