Keep the volume up without discounting
- Mattress Discounters 2Q sales climb 3.9%. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p46
Cites the financial performance of sleep shop chain Mattress Discounters for the second quarter of 2000. Decline in net income due to expenses related to 1999's recapitalization; Drop in same-store sales.
- Decision to discount may be painful, but called for sometimes. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/4/2009, Issue 324071, p7
No abstract available.
- Deflation, discounting: A tough combination. Epp, Loreen // Furniture/Today;7/11/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p71
Comments on the issue about deflation and discounting in the furniture industry in the U.S. Disappearance of profits through the natural tendency of companies to offer sales and discounts to general traffic; Effect of discounting prices on the business; Importance of measuring the sales impact...
- Pool your buying power. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p3
Focuses on the impact of discounting on the furniture industry in Great Britain. Way to offer discounts; Benefits offered by largest furniture buying group; Relationship between retailers and suppliers.
- Who's to blame for reports?: Wide use of MSRPs leads to questionable comparisons. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/17/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p26
Discusses misleading media reports in the United States that large furniture discounts can be found only in North Carolina. Reasons why many retailers do not use manufacturers' suggested retail prices (MSRP); Truth-in-advertising cases against some of the most questionable discount offers;...
- Online incentives offer best of both worlds. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p8
Highlights the benefits of offering online incentives such as discounts to online buyers of furniture. Retailers that plan to sell furniture online; Advantage of selling online; Online incentive to be offered by Netdiscount.com.
- Larger discounts on offer in winter sales. // Cabinet Maker;02/20/98, Issue 5076, p5
Reports on the discounts offered by furniture retailers in Great Britain, for January 1998. Percentage of decline in furniture prices; Annual rate of furniture price inflation.
- Bargain battle. Rule // Cabinet Maker;02/12/99, Issue 5125, p14
Discusses the impact of consumers' demand for discounts on the British furniture market. Views of few consumers about discounts; Standard of after sales services; Argument for disposing retail price list; Need to re-educate consumer on the difference between quality branded furniture and mass...
- Retailer sells Denver stores. // Furniture/Today;8/20/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p4
Reports the sale of the stores and distribution centers of Mattress Discounters in Denver, Colorado. Goal of the sale; Decline of store sales in the first quarter.