'A guest in the house is god in the house'
- Bravery on the Boundary Waters. Gustafson, Emily // Skipping Stones;May-Aug2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on a teenager's trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota. Test of paddling skills and courage; Calmness of the wilderness; Change in the weather; Ability to steer a canoe without tipping.
- How do you see your body? // Current Health 1;Sep98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
Discusses how teenagers value their good looks. Implications of the pressure to `look good'; How to feel good about oneself.
- The unwanted. Finnegan, William // New Yorker;12/01/97, Vol. 73 Issue 37, p60
Features the lives of teenagers from Antelope Valley in Los Angeles, California where drugs, neo-Nazism, gangs and violence is a way of life. Background of Antelope Valley area; Experiences and views of a white, teenage girl from the valley; Reasons that led to the neglect of children; Measures...
- Maps on my past: Race, space, and place in the life stories of Washington D.C. area teenagers. Ostroff, Susan // Oral History Review;Winter96, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the life of teenagers in Washington, D.C. Identity questions; Character of the city; Concept of cognitive or mental mapping; Crossroads experienced by teenagers between childhood and adulthood; Concern about teen apathy and geographic illiteracy; Distributed photocopied collection...
- `Teenmood'. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p3
Highlights `Teenmood,' a report on the global teenager market. Interviews with more than 10,000 teenagers in 20 countries; Teenagers' views on life.
- Youth Allowance proposed. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
Reports that Australia's federal budget allocated plans for developing a standard allowance to combine Austudy, Abstudy and unemployment benefits as the core of the government's youth program.
- Out now. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p52
Features several publications and resources about teenagers. Includes `Connect: Supporting Student Participating'; `Emotional Milestones: From Birth to Adulthood, a Psychodynamic Approach,' by R.S. Neven; `Making Peace at Mayfield: A Whole School Approach to Behavior Management,' by C. Breheney,...
- Rite of passage. Dale, Matthew // American Forests;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 100 Issue 3/4, p8
Relates a teenager's experience with traversing a high wire between two trees. Problem with heights; Nervousness when it came to his turn; Traversing between two little wires 50 feet up in the middle of the forest; Slipping and falling; Reaching the ground.
- China. Huang Yong; McCahill, Tim // Junior Scholastic;02/08/99, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p6
Reports how changes in government leadership and economic reform have improved the lives of teenagers in China.