Bids Peg Cost of Florida High-Speed Rail at Up to $4 Billion
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- A Third Bush in the White House? Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/2/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
A quiz about former Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is presented.
- FLORIDA: Jeb Bush's Tax Legacy. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p27
The article reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's tax legacy with the official repeal of the state's intangibles tax on stocks, bonds, notes, government leaseholds, and interests in limited partnerships registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Bush pushed for the repeal since he...
- Jeb's jog to the right. Parker, Ray // Advocate;10/1/2002, Issue 873, p14
Focuses on the consequences previous appointments of governor Jeb Bush in voting decision of voters in Florida. Information on two appointments, public office position for politicians Jerry Reiger and John Grant; View of politician Reiger on homosexuality; Manifestation of in support of Bush to...
- Go For Governor. DiConsiglio, John // Junior Scholastic;10/19/98, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p8
Talks about Jeb Bush's bid to become the governor of Florida. Politics in Bush's family; Opportunity for Republicans to gain another governorship in Florida; Bush's 1994 campaign for governor; Remarks from rival Buddy MacKay.
- Florida Debates How to Shrink Class Sizes. Richard, Alan; Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;2/5/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p15
Reports on the debate over class-size limits for public schools in Florida following Republican Governor Jeb Bush's announcement about measures he intends to take to handle the issue. Amount that Bush wants to dedicate to the state's education budget for 2003; Views of critics of the governor...
- ...and turning from chris to jeb as hope for 2016. Louis, Errol // Fort Worth Business Press;5/12/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p34
The article presents the author's perspective on the political career of Chris Christie as New Jersey governor and Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor.
- Looking for a mate. Crawford, Craig // National Journal;6/13/98, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p1393
Reports that Florida gubernatorial candidates Democrat Buddy MacKay and Republican Jeb Bush are looking for their running mates. Details on the running mate choices of Bush; His prospects; Comment from MacKay.
- Miami formally applies to host FTAA. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;10/23/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p59
Reports that Governor Jeb Bush and political leaders have officially applied Miami, Florida to be designated as the permanent site for the secretariat of the Free Trade Area of the Americas. Arguments for a Miami-based secretariat; Other cities vying for the designation; Source of funds for...