IRS: Arena Naming-Rights Contract Could Involve Private-Business Use
- How deep is the city's corporate well? Eckert, Toby // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/23/97, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana's corporate community has been called on to provide funding for civic projects. Construction of a new home for the Indiana Pacers; Investments from Circle Centre mall investors; Incentive package assembled to lure the National Collegiate Athletic Association...
- Water Group Asks IRS, Treasury to Lower P3 Burden. Depaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;8/1/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33955, p5
The article informs that the organization National Association of Water Companies is urging the U.S. Treasury Department and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to change the remedial actions taken when bonds do not meet private-activity bond restrictions as they ruin public-private partnerships.
- FREE FILE ALLIANCE AND IRS SIGN AGREEMENT. // Productivity Software;Jun2014, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the partnership of Free File Alliance, a group of tax preparation companies, with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in an effort to continue offering online tax preparation and electronic-filing (e-filing) services across the U.S. Free File Alliance executive...
- Treasury, IRS Issue Rules that Will Help Facilitate P3s. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34400, p1
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service have released final allocation and accounting rules that bond lawyers say will help in administering public-private partnerships for transportation and joint ventures involving hospitals.
- IRS: Bus Fare Revenues Would Not Cause Bonds to Be PABs. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;5/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34304, p1
An issuer's fare revenues for bus service along privately operated highway lanes would not cause bonds to be used to finance the lanes to be private-activity bonds, the Internal Revenue Service ruled.
- Public-Private Partnerships Take Off at University Rec Centers. Goldman, Stuart // Club Industry;Dec2011, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p30
The article reports on the public-private partnerships of university recreation centers in the U.S.
- EXPLORING NET BENEFIT MAXIMIZATION: CONSERVATION EASEMENTS AND THE PUBLIC-PRIVATE INTERFACE. GUSTANSKI, JULIE ANN; WRIGHT, JOHN B. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Fall2011, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p109
The article discusses the maximization of the conservation easements' net value as a strategic method for assuring protected lands in the U.S. whether at the eco-regional, regional, or local plane. It says that such maximization requires the analysis of the interactions between the private and...
- ABA Committee Recommends Tax Guidance to Facilitate P3s. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/6/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34389, p1
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service should create guidance to facilitate the development of public-private partnerships, the tax-exempt financing committee of the American Bar Association's taxation section recommended.
- Partnerships for sport. Baker, Andy // Public Private Finance;Nov2007 Supplement, p27
The article reports on the significance of Local Education Partnership (LEP) to the improvement of sports facilities in schools in Great Britain. Building Schools for the Future (BSF) gives councils an opportunity to plan and provide community sports facilities. Since sport facilities are very...