Retail Titans to Merge
- Wachovia thinks deal will prove Prudential. Maley, Frank // Business North Carolina;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the merger of the retail brokerages of Wachovia Corp. and Prudential Financial. Cost of the merger; Terms of agreement; Possible consequences of the merger.
- Clearers Duke It Out. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;2/24/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the merger of U.S.-based Wachovia Corp's First Clearing Corp. unit and Prudential Financial's Wexford Clearing Services. Control of the joint venture by Wachovia; Goals of the merged company.
- Wachovia to acquire Pru Financial. Nowell, Paul // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the acquisition of Prudential Financial Inc.'s brokerage unit by the bank Wachovia Corp. in New York. Benefits of the merger for the bank; Total number of brokers of Prudential Financial Inc.; Terms of the agreement.
- Wachovia Gets a Piece of the Rock. // njbiz;2/24/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the plan of Wachovia to merge its securities brokerage firm with the stock broker unit of Prudential Financial in Newark, New Jersey. Implication of the deal; Assurance given concerning ownership.
- Pact with Pru Shows Deal Style of Thompson & Co. . Boraks, David // American Banker;2/20/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 34, p1
Focuses on the merger deal between Prudential Financial Corp. and Wachovia Corp. in the United States. Significance of early statement of terms of the deal according to deal negotiator Donald A. McMullen Jr.; Demands made by Wachovia during negotiations; Information about structure of the...
- Bonuses for Best of Wachovia/Pru. // American Banker;2/21/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p20
Reports on the merger of the securities units of Wachovia Corp. bank and Prudential Financial Inc. life insurer. Efforts of the companies to keep top brokers with a retention bonus; Outlook for the merger's success.
- Pru Escape Option: A Broker-Deal Safety Net? Reich-Hale, David // American Banker;2/21/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p5
Reports that insurance company Prudential Financial Inc. has provided a way out of its alliance with U.S.-based Wachovia Corp. if it is not working well after two years of operation. Need to have an easy exit option in insurance business; Amount to be paid by Wachovia in case of exit of...
- Prudential Financial to acquire AIG Star and AIG Edison in Japan. // Asia Insurance Review;Nov2010, p16
The article reports on the definitive agreement signed by Prudential Financial Inc. following its move to acquire AIG Star Life Insurance Co. Ltd. and AIG Edison Life Insurance Co. from American International Group (AIG) Inc. for a total price of 4.8 billion dollars in Japan.
- Wachovia Seen Going Beyond Merger Mode. Boraks, David // American Banker;10/22/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 202, p2
Reports on discussions between banking companies Wachovia Corp. and Prudential Financial Inc. on a possible joint venture. Aims of Wachovia Corp.'s early-stage talks with Prudential Inc.; Inclination of Wachovia Corp. for dealmaking; Possibility of a joint venture between Prudential Securities...