NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD NO. 1 TITLES WITH LONGEVITY
- What was that about not judging books by their covers? Lehrer, Eli // Insight on the News;04/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p4
Discusses that television tie-ins and information technology in children literature has given rise to deplorable book titles. Examples of the book titles.
- Kidlit Boom? Oppel, Kenneth // Quill & Quire;Feb96, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p39
Questions whether there is really a growth in the children's publishing community of Canada. Maclean's cover story on the growth; Decrease in sales of the books according to publishers; Cut in the 1996 titles list by publishers Annick and Rick Wilkes; Maintenance of the 1996 list by publisher...
- Behind the Bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;11/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 46, p21
Presents news briefs related to bestsellers in the United States. Bestseller by A. Manette Ansay announced by Oprah Winfrey as the 28th selection of on-air book club; Titles of books launched at Norton; Number of Pokemon books among the 100 children's titles for October 1999.
- Simon & Schuster Preparing For Election Day Duck Run. // Book Publishing Report;7/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p4
Focuses on the marketing of the election season titles by Simon & Schuster Inc. aimed at children including bestseller "Duck for President." Print run of the book; Sale of the books; Release of the John Kerry and George W. Bush biographies.
- Walker Books takes 'Where's Wally' digital. // New Media Age;4/3/2008, p5
The article reports on the appointment by Walker Books of Magic Lantern to build its online presence. An interactive site will be launched by the independent children's book publisher to encourage young users to find out more about its titles. The site will feature rich media content and...
- Antonagelil Joins Brighter Child. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 19, p11
Reports on the appointment of Vivian Antonageli as chief operating officer at Brighter Child Interactive in May 2004. Number of titles that would be published under the Brighter Child children's book publishing program; Career highlights of Antonageli.
- Australian specificity in titles and covers of translated childrenâ€™s books. Frank, Helen T. // Target: International Journal on Translation Studies;2005, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p111
In the process of translation for children, translators negotiate, adapt and manipulate the text in order to expand and explain the message for readers in the target culture. This study focuses specifically on the translation of titles of Australian childrenâ€™s fiction to determine whether...
- Children's Bookbag. // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p28
Presents news briefs related to children's books and magazines in the United States as of November 2000. Plan for the relaunch of `Children's Magic Window' magazine; Awards to be given to the winners of the window display contest sponsored by Pelican Publishing in conjunction with its `Twelve...
- Spring 2004 Children's Books. Roback, Diane; Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 7, p62
Talks about several children's books released as of February 2004. Trends on the book titles; Expectation on "Doing It," by Melvin Burgess; Career highlights of British novelist Kevin Brooks.