NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS
- 2001: TOP AGENTS FOR CHILDREN'S BOOKS. // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
Ranks the top literary agents for children's books in 2001. Top position taken by Christopher Little of the Christopher Little Agency; Ranking of other agents such as Amy Berkower of Writers House LLC and Herb Cheyette of International Creative Management.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE AGENTS Children's. // Book Publishing Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p5
Presents a list indicating the performances of several literary agents of children's books in the 'New York Times' bestseller list from January 1 to October 20, 2002. Ranks of the agents; Number of titles associated with them; Number of weeks on the bestseller list.
- THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p4
Presents the lists of leading literary agents of bestselling children's publications as of August 2001, released by the 'New York Times' periodical. Esther Newberg from International Creative Management; Morton Janklow from Janklow & Nesbit Associates; Robert Gottlieb from Trident Media.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p5
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of bestselling children's book agents as of June 2002. Rank of Gina Macoby; Agency of Valerie Smith; Prominence of Christopher Little among literary agents.
- Jennifer Laughran. Pinkwater, Daniel // Horn Book Magazine;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p47
The article profiles literary agent Jennifer Laughran. The author discusses trends in the publishing business such as a shortage of agents relative to the number of authors seeking representation and explains the detail-oriented perspective Laughran is known for. Her appreciation for children's...
- Buying and Selling International Children's Book Rights: A Literary Agent's Perspective. Marcus, Kendra // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the buying and selling of rights of books for children in the international marketplace. International book fairs; Reasons publishers buy translation rights; Economic reasons to selling foreign book rights; Role of agents in helping both authors and publishers buy and sell rights.
- Lemony Snicket Makes Charlotte Sheedy A Top Agent For Children's Books. Anderson, Kori // Book Publishing Report;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p4
Relates the experience of literary agent Charlotte Sheedy on representing author Daniel Handler. Popularity of Handler as Lemony Snicket; Success of Handler as children's book writer; Publication of 'Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography' by HarperCollins Juvenile Books.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p5
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of literary agents for children's books in the U.S. Position of Christopher Little in the list; Number of books published by Charlotte Sheedy; Order of George Nicholson in the list.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 20 AGENTS Children's. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Presents the top 20 agents of children's books in the Best Seller Scorecard of the newspaper "New York Times," compiled for the week of January 12, 2004. Amy Berkower from Writers House LLC; Christopher Little from Christopher Little Lit. Agency; Gail Hochman from Brandt & Hochman.