What Slump? AAP Says Trade Sale Up 8.8% In 2002
- Book Lovers' Walks. Drayton, Judy // Orana;Nov96, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p274
Announces the start of the Melbourne Book Lovers' Walks in November 1996.
- The publishing industry and the single European market. Ruiperez, German Sanchez // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p27
Analyzes the European book publishing market and the impact of European unity on the industry. Occurrence of European integration without developing common cultural base that preserves diversity; Promotion by European Community of coordination with regard to author/publisher relations, book...
- Publishing and printing in Italy and the single internal market. Merlini, Gianni // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the book publishing industry in Italy. Forecast of the increase in presence of English-language publishing in Europe especially in science and technology. Persistence in linguistic differences among European cultures; Expansion of Italian publishing and its integration into the...
- Zeno's arrow: Or the reason the oft-described distribution problem of the book trade remains... Abel, Richard // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter93/94, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p66
Focuses on the distribution problem in the book trade. Analysis of book returns by writer Albert N. Greco; Markets of two book categories; Techniques in marketing employed by publishers.
- Building the best sellers. M.M. // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the growth of the business of selling business books in Oregon. Search for advice on starting businesses; Sales statistics; Success of the Grants Pass, Oregon-based PSI Research/Oasis Press book publishing company; Decision to change the business site; Acclaim from Forbes magazine.
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;2/21/2003, Issue 696/697, p153
Presents news briefs on issues related to book trade in the U.S. as of February 21, 2003.
- Profiles update. // Library Talk;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p16
Presents developments concerning the children's book industry. Brian Jacques' first attempt at picture books with `The Great Redwall Feast'; Release of `The Old Man & His Door,' by Gary Soto; Availability of `Nellie Bly's Monkey,' by Joan Blos and illustrated by Catherine Stock.
- Reading, writing and reaping in profits. Hernandez, German // UNESCO Sources;Feb96, Issue 76, p10
Reports on the publishing industry of Colombia. Factors responsible for the publishing boom; Impact of the Book Law.
- Fair game for free trade. A.O. // UNESCO Sources;Feb96, Issue 76, p11
Reports on the impact of the Marakesh Agreement on the publishing industry worldwide. Need to update the Florence Agreement to accommodate innovations; Ways of luring foreign investments.
- Coasting on a flat curve. // UNESCO Sources;Feb96, Issue 76, p12
Reports on the worldwide production of book titles. Imbalance between relative production capacities in developed and developing regions; Increase in particular geographical regions.