Colleges Increase Use of Course Management Systems, Says MDR
- High tech adds to high cost of college. // Business Credit;Oct98, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p60
Presents the results of a study conducted by Market Data Retrieval (MDR), on the use of technology at colleges and universities across the United States. Methodology used in the study; Importance of technology to educational development; Strategies which students should use in the purchasing of...
- State of technology. // Technology Connection;Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p31
Reports on the Market Data Retrieval's release of its Technology in Education 1997 report which was compiled from a survey conducted during the 1996-1997 school year in the United States. Gathering of information through the use of technologies in public schools; Increases in the number of...
- College Technology 2001-2002. Rivard, Nicole // University Business;May2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the 2002 survey by Market Data Retrieval on key administrators of accredited public and private colleges to investigate their technology budgets. Information on the respondents; Key revelation of the survey about technology-related spending; Stronger component of technology budgets.
- DVD Penetration Growing In U.S. Schools, Up To 50% In 2003: MDR. // Electronic Education Report;2/6/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p7
Reports on an increase in the penetration rate of the digital video disc (DVD) format in schools in the United States, as indicated in Market Data Retrieval's "Technology In Education 2003" study. Percentage of all U.S. K-12 schools that had at least one computer with a DVD drive; Ratio of...
- New report summarizes ed. technology usage. // T H E Journal;Sep93, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the release of summary results on a survey by Market Data Retrieval in Shelton, Connecticut. `Education and Technology' as title of report; Respondent bases; Questions posed; Information bases coverage; Price of copy.
- MDR Reports on Technology-Rich Schools. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Curriculum Administrator;Oct98, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Announces that Market Date Retrieval, an education market research organization, released its annual report entitled `Technology in Education 1998.' Contents of the report; Results of the survey on the status of technology in the technology-rich schools.
- Stats making news. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Technology & Learning;Mar98, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p64
Presents results from a survey conducted by Market Data Retrieval (MDR), which focused on technology. Percentage of respondents to the survey out of 85,000 public schools in the United States; Information on multimedia machines; Approximate percentage of schools which have local area networks;...
- The virtual university: Education for all, or a segregated highway? Hall, Martin // South African Journal of Science;Apr98, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p147
Focuses on the prospects for education via the electronic media and its implications for an effective learning environment in South Africa. Features of the African Virtual University launched by the World Bank; Comment by John Daniel, vice-chancellor of Britain's Open University; Problems with...
- Technology...it's not just for science departments anymore. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;10/17/96, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p36
Discusses the issue of technology utilization in university faculties. Concern about the lack of computers in college faculties; Threat of lack of funding to the integration of computers into administration and teaching; Construction of the Academic Technology Mall at Hampton University in...