Star Light, Starbright: Texas Gets Wish, And San Antonio Readies Toyota Bonds
- Texas Toyota Plant Spells Rail Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p1
Reports that the Bexar County Rural Rail District in Texas is expected to issue 20 million dollars in rail revenue bonds in 2003 to finance a rail line for an automotive plant in San Antonio, Texas. Cost of the automotive plant and the payroll that is expected to be generated in a year; Number...
- New Mexico Returns to $400 Million Semiconductor Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p3
Reports on the amount of revenue bonds financed by a group of entrepreneurs to salvage a Philips Semiconductor Corp. plant in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Resumption of the operations of the plant under Mesa Semiconductor; Amount of stake in the company to be given to the state; Terms of the bond...
- Chicken Is on the Menu as Louisiana OKs Bond Issues. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p4
No abstract available.
- Agency Taps Out W. Va. Private-Activity Cap With $84M Issue. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p6
Reports that the West Virginia Economic Development Authority has approved the issuance of tax-exempt private-activity bonds that exhausted the state's volume cap. Installation of cleaning scrubbers at two coal plants in the state; Plan of the authority to sell private-activity bonds; Citations...
- Cosmetics firm to acquire Islip site. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/28/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p5A
Reports on the plan of Cosmetic Pencil Manufacturing to acquire an industrial facility it leases in Islip, New York. Use of Islip bonds to finance the purchase of the facility; Expansion plans for the facility; Description of Cosmetic Pencil Manufacturing's business.
- Pellet Plant Possible For North Florida. // Wood Bioenergy;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the approval of a 53 million U.S.-dollar industrial development bond by the Escambia County Commission of Florida for constructing a new wood pellet manufacturing facility outside Century, Florida, the products of which will be marketed to Europe.
- CDFA to Lobby for Higher Caps Related to Small-Issue IDBs. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p6
The article reports on the plans of the Council of Development Finance Agencies to lobby the United States Congress to relax rules governing small-issue industrial development bonds. There are also calls to widen the definition of a manufacturing facility and eliminate the alternative minimum tax.
- Ethanol Funding Arranged. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p33
The article reports on the expectation of Panda Ethanol to complete a manure-fired ethanol plant in Texas Panhandle, Texas. The plant is expected to produce 100 million gallons of ethanol yearly. To finance the project, the company borrowed $188 million from various financial institutions. It...
- Intel Wants N. M. County to Issue Up to $16B of Unique Bonds for Expansions. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p6
Reports on the request of Intel Corp. for the authorization of industrial revenue bonds to Sandoval County, New Mexico. Use of the funds to finance additions and expansions at the facility of the company; Exemption of the bonds from the state taxes; Purpose of using industrial revenue bonds to...