Bill Would Allow Arkansas Agency to Sell Debt Backed by Tolls, Federal Aid
- Arkansas Highway Officials Seek Toll Revenue Bond Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p4
Reports on the progression of work by the Arkansas Highway Commission for its first toll revenue bond sale. Measures approved by the commission in its November 15, 2001 meeting; Determination of funding mechanism by the commission.
- Arkansas agency readies RFPs for first, road bonds in five decades. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30670, p3
Reports the release of request for bond counsel proposals by the Highway Commission in Arkansas. Anticipation of the agency to issue highway bonds; Approval of bonds for interstate system; Provision of twenty percent state match by the tax hike; Role of the Congress in the realization of the...
- Arkansas highway agency confident of Garvee sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30843, p4
Focuses on the auction of Arkansas Highway Commission on Garvee bonds in Arkansas. Impact on the banking community; Participation of Salomon Smith Barney Inc., PaineWebber Inc., and Morgan Keegan & Co. on the bid; Appropriation of the proceeds on road repairs.
- Friday, Eldredge & Clark chosen as counsel for Arkansas Garvees. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/03/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30696, p3
Reports on the Arkansas Highway Commission's decision to get Friday Eldredge & Clark as bond counsel on the deal over Kutak Rock, the Rose Law Firm, Wright, Lindsey & Jennings, and Williams & Anderson. Use of the proceeds from the sale of the Garvee bond; States that have issued Garvees;...
- Arkansas Highway Commission puts Garvee plan in motion. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p26
Reports on the Arkansas Highway Commission's long-awaited highway bond program. Preparation for the competitive sale of the first installment of a Garvee bond authorization; Financial adviser Evensen Dodge Inc. to start premarketing efforts.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p26
Provides information on upcoming bond issues in the Southwestern States as of July 11, 2000. Arkansas Highway Commission revenue bonds; Colorado Regional Transportation District revenue bonds; Kansas State Department of Transportation revenue bonds.
- ARKANSAS: Garvee PAC Backers. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/13/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33581, p9
The article reports that companies and organizations associated with the Arkansas Highway Commission supported the statewide elections.
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...