Airport Groups Ask Congress for $4 Billion for Improvements in Fiscal '04
- Congress Oks 3-Month Extension of FAA Funding. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;6/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32909, p4
The article reports on the submission of the stopgap legislation which will extend the funding for the Federal Aviation Administration through September 30, 2008 by the Congress in the U.S. The extension will continue the funding for the Airport Improvement Program, which has been authorized to...
- $1B plan stirs up Northwest. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;11/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p1
The article reports that the authority that governs Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Detroit, Michigan is expecting to submit $1 billion master plan of capital improvements for approval by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration in January 2008. At the heart of the plan is a monorail system...
- Atlanta. // AirGuide Business;2/22/2010, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has planned to modify the Class B airspace at the Harsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Georgia which could affect the general aviation aircraft.
- DeKalb-Peachtree Airport. // AirGuide Business;3/1/2010, p6
The article reports that the DeKalb-Peachtree Airport has opposed the proposed modification of the airport's airspace by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) because it would it would lower its airspace from 8,000 feet to 5,000 feet in Chamblee, Georgia.
- DeKalb-Peachtree Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p12
The article reports that DeKalb-Peachtree Airport has opposed U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) airspace modification at the airport in Chamblee, Georgia.
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. // Federal Register;12/10/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 237, p73511
The article presents a notice of proposed clarification of Airport Improvement Program grant assurances issued by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). It states that the FAA proposes to clarify Grant Assurance No. 19, Operation and Maintenance, to enhance safety. It announces that...
- FYI to the FAA on FLL: Approval of a Runway Extension in City of Dania Beach. Mattern, Sara // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;2012 Supplement, Vol. 39, preceding p69
The Airport and Airway Improvement Act requires the Federal Aviation Administration to review project applications for airport development projects. Under the Act, FAA must prioritize a more environmentally preferable alternative unless it is not prudent. In City of Dania Beach v. FAA, the court...
- AIRPORTS: The Crowded Ground. // Time;6/14/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 24, p109
The article discusses problems concerning airports in the U.S. Factors pertaining to problems being faced by airport managers and operators include the rapid growth of international and domestic passengers, outmoded ground facilities which causes ground hang-ups, and the constant innovation of...
- Airport receives two grants. // Construction Bulletin;8/4/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 31, p85
The article reports on the grants awarded to the International Falls-Koochiching County Airport in northern Minnesota. The airport has received $433,967 from the Minnesota Department of Transportation (DOT) State Airports. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) will provide an additional...