Ohio Wraps Up $121M Refunding With Fixed-Rate Swap
- With flat rate curve, forward swaps become attractive refinancing tool. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;02/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30332, p33
Focuses on the growing interest in swaps as a tool in refinancing outstanding bonds in the United States. Illinois Sports Facilities Authority's completion of a swap with Goldman Sachs & Co.; Adventist Health West's conduct of a limited competitive selection for an interest-rate swap that...
- Massachusetts water, transportation agencies mull swaps. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p4
Reports on the call for proposals from swap providers for a refunding of $100 million of outstanding debt each by two Massachusetts agencies. Bond offerings planned by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Federal tax law covering the deal.
- N.Y. State Sees Over $2 Billion Of Refunding Swaps by March. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on anticipation of over two billion dollars synthetic refunding deals in New York, as of August 25, 2003. Speculations surrounding the synthetic refunding deals; Details of state's annual information statement; Swapping plans of the state for fiscal year 2004.
- Univ. of Illinois Advance Refunding $53M of Campus Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p24
The article reports on the advancement of refunding the University of Illinois' south campus project revenue bonds for present-value savings as its board of trustees priced a variable-rate bonds in Chicago, Illinois. The bonds were initially set at a rate of 2.9 percent and will be remarketed...
- Maryland Stadium Authority reviewing ideas for swaps. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p31
Focuses on the Maryland Stadium Authority's assessment of swap proposals connected with more than $100 million of bonds that officials want to refinance. Agency's series of fixed-rate bonds outstanding that would be good candidates for swaps; Possibility that issuers Georgetown University and...
- Improving Shelby County, Tenn., to Sell $287 Million of Refunding Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32515, p39
The article reports on the sale of $287 million of refunding bonds in Shelby County, Tennessee. The deal has made positive strides to boost their respective ratings. The county decided to include swaptions in the refunding and to make it work, it will issue variable-rate demand bonds and then...
- Orlando Utilities Commission to Refund $60M, With a Swap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p4
Reports on the plan of Orlando Utilities Commission in Florida to refund water and electric bonds and to take bids for a fixed-to-variable-rate swap counterparty. Amount of bonds; Rating of bonds; Companies that will bid for the swap.
- Broward County Fla., to Weigh Refunding, End to 3 Swaptions. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p3
This article reports that the Broward County government of Florida is weighing a decision to approve the refunding of $166.2 million of debt and to sign off on a $15.7 million payment to terminate three swaptions. A contract committed the county to pay a termination fee if it chooses not to...
- University of Texas Regents Ready $401M PUF Refunding With 2 Swaps. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32989, p28
The article reports on the plan of the University of Texas (UT) Board of Regents to issue $401 million of refunding bonds for the triple-A rated Permanent University Fund (PUF) that endows UT and Texas A&M University systems in Texas. The bonds, which refund all $400 million of outstanding...