Home's where the spending is
- Sales. Schaper, Jeffrey // House Beautiful;May96, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p38
Presents a calendar of house furnishings sales in the United States, from May 10 to 14, 1996. Event description; Pricing; Contact information.
- Smart trade-offs. Cooper, Steve // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr97, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p106
Presents tips in purchasing house furnishings. Marble tile bargains; Construction of a spa; Making the rounds of shops for better bargains.
- The plight of lower-income families. // Accountancy;Jul1978, Vol. 89 Issue 1019, p27
Focuses on the purchasing power of people with lower incomes in Great Britain. Effects of the growing economy on the buying power of low-income earners; Measures of the government to redistribute wealth; Factors influencing poverty trap.
- Then there are those who favor `early milk crate'. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;05/11/98, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p22
Reports on the results of a survey by Hearst Magazines and the Home Furnishings Council on the purchase of house furniture in the United States. Average expenditure for furniture; Age group with the highest purchase; Reasons for buying furniture.
- Consumer caution dashes sales hope. // Cabinet Maker;4/14/2006, Issue 5483, p8
The article reports on the results of a survey on consumer confidence index conducted by Nationwide in partnership with market research group TNS. According to the survey, 44 percent of people think that April is a good time to purchase household goods. Also, 11 percent of people are expecting...
- Beyond Bridal: Developing A Total Gift Registry. Moran, Michelle // Gourmet Retailer;Jan2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p120
Part I. Examines how retailers of house furnishings are enticing customers by creating registries for various events from birthdays to graduations to anniversaries and others. Consumer preference for computerized in-store and online registries over outdated handwritten journals; Providing of...
- Beckmann-led manager group acquires Emerald Home Furnishings from Ritchies. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;4/8/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p2
Reports the acquisition of bedding manufacturer Emerald Home Furnishings stocks from Evan and Marilyn Ritchie in the Tacoma, Washington. Leadership of David Beckmann on the ownership team; Annual sales of Emerald Home; Position of the Ritchie on the acquired company.
- High Point Market buyer registrations up 4%. // Home Accents Today;May2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the increase in High Point home furnishings buyer registrations for the month of April 2010 compared to the same month the year before as reported by the High Point Market Authority.
- TOILETS. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2009, p55
The article offers information on the different types of toilets in various marketplaces in the U.S. According to the article, most major brands of toilets offers models in different designs and colors. It cites the three basic types of toilets such as the gravity-fed, pressure-assist, and the...