Sales increas at John Lewis
- Sir Stuart Hampson. // Director;May2007, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p40
The article offers a look at the accomplishments of Stuart Hampson as chairman of John Lewis Partnership (JLP). Stuart's 14 years in the position provided the refurbishment of the Oxford Street and Sloane Square department stores in Great Britain, the extension of trading hours, the expansion of...
- ANY HOPE FOR JOHN LEWIS? // In-Store Marketing;Mar2002, p17
Reports on the decline in sales and profits posted by John Lewis Partnership in March 2002. Department store sales; Factors which contributed to the decline in sales; Difficulties of operating a successful retail business against price deflation.
- Heatwave hits sales at department stores. // Cabinet Maker;8/29/2003, Issue 5353, p4
Reports on the effect of the heat wave on the department stores in Great Britain. Recovery of the sales of John Lewis; Decline in the sales of Beale; Increase in the furniture sales.
- John Lewis profits up 24%. // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p3
Reports on the increase in pre-tax profits of John Lewis Partnership PLC in the year to January 29, 2005 in Great Britain. Amount of bonus that will be given to full-time staff as a result of the good performance; Percentage increase in sales of the department store; Surge in the online...
- John Lewis credits focus on value and trust as sales top Â£9bn. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);3/6/2014, p9
The article reports that the strategy of retail company John Lewis Partnership to focus on trust and value has led the firm to acquire a total of Â£9 billion in annual revenue at its department stores and Waitrose supermarkets in 2013. It states that the company's profit has increased by 15...
- A NEW AWAKENING. Hyams, Jacky // In-Store Marketing;Oct2001, p21
Presents information on the new image of the John Lewis Partnership department store in England. Description of the interior design; Strategy adopted to attract customers; Details the architectural design.
- Open all hours. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2003, Issue 5363, p5
Reports on the move done by Liverpool and Cheadle branches of Great Britain-based John Lewis' company to broaden its services. Factors that motivated the company to extend the hours of its service; Comments of Liverpool manager regarding on the initial trading of the company on October.
- John Lewis staff get 10% bonus. // Cabinet Maker;03/16/2001, Issue 5229, p3
Informs that employees at British department store chain John Lewis are getting a bonus even though pre-tax profits fell.
- John Lewis profits plunge 17%. Turner, Clare // Housewares;Mar/Apr99, Issue 145, p5
Reports on the financial performance of England-based department store chain John Lewis Partnership for the year ended January 30, 1999. Pre-tax profits; Effects of a retail downturn to the company's earnings; Financial outlook of the company.