Uno five seek extension for court date
- Minister warns unfit directors as disqualifications rise. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Feb99, p14
Reports on the disqualification orders mde against unfit directors in the third quarter of 1998 in Great Britain. Statistics from the Department of Trade and Industry; Breach of disqualification orders.
- DTI probes rise. // Cabinet Maker;08/21/98, Issue 5102, p5
Reports that Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry plans to investigate company directors who are reported to be misbehaving through DTI's `name and shame' director hotline. DTI's hotline number.
- Rise in director disqualifications. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Oct98, p13
Focuses on a report from Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) which underlined the increase in director disqualifications in the second quarter of 1998. Notable cases cited by the DTI; Comparison from the 1997 statistics.
- Shareholders to have say over director's pay. // Credit Management;Dec2001, p12
Reports the announcement of Trade and Industry Secretary Patricia Hewitt for shareholders to be given the right to an annual vote on directors pay in Great Britain. Linkage between pay and performance in the boardroom; Objectives of the legislation; Retention of best executives.
- Right to privacy? Gordon-Till, Jonathan // Information World Review;Dec2001, Issue 175, p20
Comments on the consultation document issued by the British Department of Trade and Industry on corporate director's home addresses. Threat in the personal security of biotechnology directors from animal activists; Potential abuse of personal address information; Ethical issues on the public...
- Reports to expose 'fat cats' // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p17
Reports that Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has ordered companies to publish details of pay packages for directors, along with a performance graph, in their annual reports. Reason behind the move of DTI; Disadvantages of rewarding directors with poor performance.
- DTI consults. // Accountancy;Dec1994, Vol. 114 Issue 1216, p13
The article focuses on Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry's consultation on a proposed change involving company law overriding the separate legal personality of wholly-owned subsidiaries to allow groups to be managed as parts of an integrated group operation. Directors are having...
- Disqualification of directors. Niekirk, Paul; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Aug1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1164, p48
This article reports on a case on the disqualification of a Cedac Ltd. director in Great Britain. Following the appointment of an administrative receiver at Cedac Ltd. on April 22, 1987, a director was given notice on April 11, 1989 that the British Secretary of State for Trade and Industry...
- Corporate Governance - The Higgs Report. Lipton, Martin // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article provides information on the Higgs report on corporate governance, commissioned by the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry. According to the report, the roles of the chairman and chief executive should be separated and the division of responsibilities should be established...