First National goes to GE
- First National: going, going, finally gone. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;March 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p10
Reports that Abbey National PLC has managed to off-load First National Bank to GE Consumer Finance in 2003. Financial performance of Abbey National; Plans of the company to sell more of its non-core assets; Impact of the acquisition on GE's position as a consumer finance provider in Great Britain.
- Abbey sells off First National to GE for Â£848m. // Money Marketing;2/6/2003, p84
Reports that Abbey National is selling its mortgage and unsecured lending business First National to GE Consumer Finance (GECF). Plan of Abbey National to sell off non-core businesses; Statement of GECF that it will retain First National brands, management teams and salesforces; Aim of GECF to...
- GE Paying $60M For E-Trade's RV And Boat Unit. Kuykendall, Lavonne; Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;8/17/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 158, p7
Announces that GE Consumer Finance agreed to buy E-Trade Consumer Finance Corp., a boat and recreational vehicle lender, from E-Trade Financial Corp. Terms of the deal; Comments by Glenn Marino, chief executive of GE Consumer's retail sales finance unit, on how the deal will quadruple the...
- GE Says: 'Charge It!' Redwine, Arlo // Dealernews;May2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Conseco Finance Corp. by GE Consumer Finance. Terms and conditions under the agreement; Utilization of services.
- 2 small San Diego banks craft a merger of equals to stave... Dietrich, R. Kevin // American Banker;4/29/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 81, p6
Focuses on the acquisition between the Bank of Southern California and First National Bank. Name of the company formed following the merge; Assets owned by both entities; Terms of the acquisition; Competition in the banking industry; Other acquisition in the United States' banking industry.
- GE whizz. Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p17
Discusses the role of lawyer Susan Crichton as general counsel for Europe of GE Capital Global Consumer Finance (GCF). Profile of Crichton; Description of the GCF operation in the United Kingdom; Role in the acquisition activities; Overview of job description; Policy of Crichton in choosing the...
- GE Buys Stake in Korean Lender. // National Mortgage News;8/9/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p22
Reports that GE Consumer Finance has agreed to acquire 38 percent of the outstanding common stock of Hyundai Capital Services Inc., a consumer finance company that provides mortgages and other products in Korea.
- GE Venture Buys Most of a Honduran Bank. Jalili, H. Michael // American Banker;1/12/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 9, p20
The article reports that GE Consumer Finance of Stamford, Connecticut, plans to purchase a controlling share of Banco Mercantil SA, a privately held bank in Honduras. The bank, commonly referred to as BAMER, has about $700 million of assets and $500 million of deposits. It focuses on commercial...
- Market looks for growth from GECC. McGeer, Bonnie // Asset Securitization Report;8/16/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 33, p1
Reports on GE Consumer Finance's portfolio purchases in the credit card industry. Plans of acquiring the credit card arm of Dillard's Inc.; Agreement to buy Moscow-based DeltaBank, the largest Visa credit card issuer in Russia; Previous agreement made by the company to pay for the retail credit...