The Past Preserved
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- Gheding into Italy. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p32
Describes the Aviano Air Base of the U.S. Air Force in Aviano, Italy, which is surrounded by the Ghedi farmland. Things Senior Airman Roxanne McKinney loves about the place; Features of the place; Recreational facilities accessible to families of military men residing near the air base.
- Back to Bagram. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the improvements in the living conditions of airmen at America's Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. Provision of enough beds for soldiers to sleep on; Supply of good food for airmen on duty; Creation of bath and toilets to replace the porta-potties.
- AWACS unit reaches major milestone. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p18
Announces the attainment of operational capability status of the 513th Air Control Group at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma. Readiness to take on an expanded role in national defense; Unit reservists' flying and maintenance of E-3 Sentry aircraft.
- FINAL FRAME. // Airman;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p49
Presents a photograph depicting the activities of the Air Force workers from the 819th and 219th Expeditionary Rapid Engineering Deployable Repair Squadron Engineers units in a Southwest Asia base. Construction of a transportational building; Development of structures fro the 379th Air...
- IRAQ'S CROSSROADS. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p4
No abstract available.
- Rivet Joint: Recon Ready. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p2
Features the United States RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft based at Offut Air Force Base, Nebraska. Sensor capabilities of the aircraft; Origin of the RC-135 aircraft; Modernization efforts on the aircraft; Remarks from airmen on the experience of flying the aircraft during conflicts; Difficulties...
- Defenders of Paradise. Greeley, Jim // Airman;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p20
Features some members of the United States Air Force that patrol the beach at Bellows Air Force Station in Hawaii. Description on their job at the beach; Their attitude toward their work; Information on the airmen that patrol the beach.
- Training instructors gear up to meet heavier work load. Gleason, Carla // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2009, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p11
The article focuses on the announcement by the U.S. Air Force to add 8,000 Airmen over the next two years starting 2009. Accordingly, the said announcement implies that military training instructors (MTI) specifically based in the 433rd Airlift Wing at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, will...