Supreme Court Declines to Hear Case on Christian School Debt
- Tulsa Dam Bond Plan Overturned by Oklahoma's High Court. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;11/26/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33818, p5
The article informs that Oklahoma's Supreme Court has rejected the proposed plan of issuing revenue bonds of 25 million U.S. dollars to repair Tulsa dam of Oklahoma.
- Illinois Can Abolish Subsidy Used to Back Incinerator Bonds, Appeals Court Says. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p32
No abstract available.
- Nonresident bond counsel rule scrutinized by N.J. high court. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p1
Focuses on the New Jersey Supreme Court justices' scrutiny of a ruling that would bar out-of-state attorneys from being hired as bond counsel for municipal issuers in New Jersey. Opinion 33 of the Committee on the Unauthorized Practice of Law; Requirement for the counsel to be a licensed...
- Florida Court Reverses Ruling, Allows TIFs Without Referendum. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32965, p24
The article reports that the Florida Supreme Court reversed itself and said it is constitutional for tax increment financing (TIF) bonds to be issued without first holding a public referendum, upholding decades of case law on the issue in the state. On September 6, 2007, the Supreme Court...
- Strand Attorney Asks Court for Clarification. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32720, p1
The article reports on the demand for clarification from the Florida Supreme Court on the legality of the state's outstanding tax increment finance (TIF) bonds and certificated of participation. The inquiry was filed by attorneys representing veterinarian Gregory Strand, who disagreed to a move...
- COPs Vindicated. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p31
Reports that the Colorado Court of Appeals has ruled that the Colorado General Assembly did not violate the state's law in 2003 when it approved certificates of participation to finance a maximum-security prison and a hospital expansion at the former Fitzsimons Army Medical Center.
- Peculiar Power Plant Offering Earns Missouri High Court's OK. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/22/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32534, p3
The article reports on the approval of the taxable $140 million revenue bond issue by the Missouri Supreme Court for the construction of a for-profit electric power plant in Missouri. The bond, which was sold by the city under the state constitution, is operated by Aquila Inc. Furthermore, the...
- Backers of Las Vegas Ballot Item On Redevelopment Appeal to High Court. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/27/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33104, p32
The article reports on the appeal of the backers of Las Vegas ballot measure about Nevada redevelopment and lease-revenue bond laws to the Supreme Court. The conflict comes from Culinary Workers Union Local 226 and Mayor Oscar Goodman over his plans to reshape the city's downturn. Measures...
- Eleventh Circuit Reverses Summary Judgment Against Bank on Claim Against Insurer of Forged Guaranty. Chaitman, Helen Davis // Lender Liability Law Report;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses how an appeals court held that a bank's reliance on a bond is not measured by the net worth of a guarantor whose signature was forged on the guaranty, but rather by the bank's total loss. The bank discovered a loss on a forged guaranty and sought coverage on a financial...