THE TRADING FLOOR
- First quarter is shaping up as winner for financial firms. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;3/25/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 57, p25
Reports that Lehman Brothers produced a strong earnings report for financial services companies in the United States for the first quarter of 1996. Comparision to 1995; Problems companies might experience; Overview of bank stocks; Comments from analyst, Charles Vincent.
- Lehman Brothers exit reduces market depth. Trinidad, Pablo J. // Caribbean Business;11/9/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the impact of Lehman Brothers' decision to discontinue its trading activities in Puerto Rico on the local financial market. Reduced depth of the market; Part of an effort to restructure Puerto Rico operations to focus on public finance; Factors that influenced Lehman Brothers to...
- Experts Say Lehman Case Is Warning, Not Precedent. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;6/18/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 116, p6
This article focuses on a federal jury's verdict and $5.1 million award against the financial services company Lehman Brothers for financing the now-defunct First Alliance Mortgage Corp., as of June 2003. Noting that the decision did not come from a judge, experts said that similar lawsuits...
- Arc Systems Signs Deal with Lehman. Grant, Rick // National Mortgage News;6/25/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 39
Reports on Arc Systems' deal with Lehman Brothers to build an automated underwriting system for Lehman's contract finance business. Tool that could allow Lehman to increase its acquisitions; Automation of due diligence involved in purchasing loans; Arc Systems' flagship LT2K automated...
- Lehman says it's time to stock up on bank shares. Talley, Karen // American Banker;10/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 201, p30
Reports that Jeffrey Applegate, Lehman Brother's chief equity strategist, is preparing a report that will urge investors to place one-quarter of their holdings to large financial institutions in the United States. Need for the American federal government to take firm and aggressive action to...
- Real estate posts shuffled as Lehman debuts latest fund. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/04/99, Vol. 65 Issue 39, p11
Focuses on changes in the management team of Lehman Brothers Holdings' real estate investment banking group as of October 1999. Appointment of Robert Lieber as sole group head; Enlistment of Raymond Mikulich for the launching of the real estate opportunity fund; Partnership of Mikulich with...
- NY MTA's McFayden joins Lehman. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p2
Reports on Donald McFayden's entry into Lehman Brothers as head of public finance.
- Ex-Life Chief Joins Lehman Conduit. // National Mortgage News;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p2
Reports that former Life Financial Corp. president Daniel Perl has joined Lehman Brothers' non-conforming conduit. Tasks and responsibilities under the executive's new appointment.
- Lehman Names Chief of Creditor Relations. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;10/3/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 190, p23
Reports on Lehman Brothers' announcement that it has hired Heidemarie U. Echtermann as its global head of credit relations. Responsibilities; Previous position at HypoVereinsbank.