Maine: $50M to Ease College Loan Costs
- Perk patrol. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;6/12/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 24, p7
Lists some of the gifts offered to Representative John Baldacci (D-Maine), who promised to turn down all gifts from lobbyists when he came to Washington. Gifts include two trips to the Mideast, two tickets to Baltimore's Camden Yards, a trip to Europe, four National Hockey League tickets, a...
- ME Gov. Baldacci, CT legislators honored at HRC Gala Dinner. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;11/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p3
The article reports that Governor of Maine, John Baldacci, and members of the Connecticut legislature were honored on November 14, 2009, at the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) 2009 Gala Dinner.
- Governor Supports Maine CU Efforts. // Credit Union Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the support given by U.S. Governor John Baldacci to Maine's credit unions. Aim of the Maine's credit union.
- Baldacci Signs Deficit Bill. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/5/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33293, p9
The article reports that Governor John Baldacci signed the supplemental budget bill to address the budget deficit worth 310 million dollars in Maine.
- Young vs. Baldacci. // Human Events;8/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 32, p17
Reports on the congressional race between Republican Paul Young and Democrat John Baldacci in Maine's 2nd District. Parallelism between Young and earlier state Republican legislators; Criticism against the Contract With America program.
- Maine governor joins families in fight for marriage equality. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;10/29/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that Maine's Governor John E. Baldacci met with Bangor families on October 27, 2009, to discuss marriage equality for the state.
- Maine Looks to Tighten Up $5.3 Billion Biennial Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p3
Legislation attempting to control in Maine's 5.3 billion dollar fiscal 2004-2005 biennial budget is expected to be introduced on May 1, 2003 following proposals by Governor John Baldacci on April 29, 2003. The proposed legislation will include little reduction in services, a favorable accounting...
- Maine Governor Calls Lawmakers to Special Session on Bonding, School Aid. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p4
Reports that John Baldacci, governor of Maine, has called a special session during the month of August, 2003 to settle dispute on proposed economic development bonds and state funding for school aid in Maine. Reason behind calling the special session; Amount for economic development proposed by...
- Maine GO Issuance Headed for a Decline. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31876, p5
Predicts the decrease in general obligation borrowing for 2005 in Maine. Call of Governor John Baldacci for lawmakers to hold special sessions to focus on bonding and property tax reform; Maximum amount of bonds to be sold in fiscal 2005; Support of House Speaker Patrick Colwell on a bond...