Massachusetts' Municipalities Anxious Over Possible Aid Cut
- Hamtramck Seeks Out Fiscal Fixes. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/31/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33492, p1
The article reports on the need to seek financial stability in Hamtramck, Michigan. It notes that costly labor contracts have hindered the progress of the state-mandated financial emergency management program for Hamtramck. It mentions that government aid will be lessened by the merged services...
- What increased aid to localities? ANDREWS, JOHN B. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p16
No abstract available.
- The Continued Existence of New York City Is Not Essential to National Security. M.E.S. // Challenge (05775132);Nov/Dec75, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
This article focuses on the economic situation of New York City and its deteriorating financial condition. The only choices left are insolvency or federal aid. The Administration could radically alter the fortunes of New York and all other cities and states without the expenditure of a penny. By...
- LES DÃ‰FIS DE L'INTERVENTION. WAGEMAKERS, INGE // Politique Africaine;mar2013, Issue 129, p113
This paper analyses the interaction between daily local urban governance and an external aid programme in a peri-urban municipality of Kinshasa. It seems extremely difficult for the programme to influence local governance dynamics, because of the way the programme is set up but also because of...
- State Aid and City Needs: An Examination of Residual State Aid to Large Cities. Pelissero, John P. // Journal of Politics;Aug84, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p916
Presents a study which examined residual state aid to large cities in the United States. Intergovernmental responses to city problems; Explanations for the distribution of residual state aid; Total intergovernmental revenue from state government received by cities in 1962 and 1976; Dimensions...
- Paying the Hotel Bill. Fulton, William // Governing;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p60
Focuses on the issue concerning public subsidies for convention hotels in the U.S. as of August 2002. Benefits gained by cities from funding the construction of convention centers; Categories of convention cities.
- USO is Back Again As Red Feather "Must". // Saturday Evening Post;11/8/1952, Vol. 225 Issue 19, p10
The article focuses on the principle of federated giving in the U.S. Campaigns for funds to support local, state and national charity and welfare organizations are being initiated in hundreds of cities and towns across the country. This initiative varies from community to community, but perhaps...
- Crunch times. Gurliacci, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/29/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p15
Discusses the economics of the Fairchild County cities of Norwalk, Danbury, Shelton and Bridgeport in Connecticut. Citation of the economic difficulties experienced by the cities in the wake of reduced state aid and dwindling tax revenues; Recognition of the decision to trim public service and...
- Identity Crisis. PETERS, JOEY // Santa Fe Reporter;1/14/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p17
No abstract available.